Friday, June 30, 2006

Poly Days 5 - Year 1 Sem 2

2nd Semester! This is the period of time that I really start to "get back on form" again after a very "slacky" first semester. This is also when I started to interact more with the whole class (basically started to do group projects with other people than Jerry, Adriel and Toby)

CD: Aha...the most "slack" lesson. Actually it's more of like a rest time after a hard day work (cause it's at the end of the day). Most memorable event was going to the Bishan Home of course. Very funny man. I think I asked Xinting how to fold a bra cause I didn't know how to. (She also 'agar agar'...) Then there's one where Ken tried to do some stunt when cleaning the floor and fell down. Mwahahaha...

The Lecturer: Lai Fook...Hmmm you know. Nice guy and all. Nothing much to say.

DAUD: Woohoo. This is my most unexpected module to did well. I thought I did really badly. First assignment was assignment 7 pieces to 1 piece. I listen until headache man. 2nd assignment did with Mengzhi and caused me to burn 50 bucks for one stupid recorder which I never used again. (Regret man) 3rd assignmnt is the most fun. Got Zhiwei to act as Gay DJ (Alright I admit he did a great job) and we did a ghost story (Thanks Yuling for that wonderful punch line at the end). I think we really scored for the last assignment.

The Lecturer: Timonthy Teo...stress man. I am not a very "music" person and everytime he played some random stuff and want us to tell him what instrument we heard. I always super scared he will call me. His pet phrase is, "there are some forces out there trying to get you", and likes doing random banging on the table.

DVID: Whew...sometimes I wished I can redo the assignments again. (I could did a much better job) I scored really poorly for the 1st assignment and for the 2nd one we had to combine ideas from our team 1st assignment (When all our ideas didn't really match). In the end, Toby and me went to Adriel house to did all the filming in one night. Turn out to be a scary and lame movie, but it was really a good experience.

The Lecturer: Chun Li...uh...I mean Jennifer. Think Xuan Jie likes her...Another guy is Mr Quek (Frankly the lecture and tutorial is super boring).

STSC: Fun!!! This is one of the more enjoyable module...How can you not enjoy when all you did during the tutorial is watch movies? My worst part of course is drawing the storyboards for the last assignment, but I really enjoyed writing the story for the last assignment. Read some really good stories as well (I still remember parts from John super long story).

The Lecturer: Lau Mun Ying! I think he's a great lecturer (next to Mr Tan) but not many people think so. He's always very stressful (frowning his head). I guess that's what happen when you got all the students coming up to you for appeal. Remembered the electives system screw up and he was soo stress. Haha.

MATH: Really, I don't like Maths. Just did what I had to do.

The Lecturer: Forgot her name...but she's a nice lady...most important influence by her was...Happy Tree Friends! She likes to show us Happy Tree Friends clips when she gives us a small break. (And she's pregnant during that time!) Weird...or not...Haha.

OOPM: First programming module. I picked it up quite fast and at first did some random text adventure game. Later even did a long Sims text adventure on my own. First assignment did a Bomberman Clone. Many of my classmates hate this module......

The Lecturer: He got so many memorable quotes! "Everything under control?", "Everyone's happy?", "Build a toy one first", "I'm a bad typist...", "Oh that's my wife Linda..."...Haha. I would say he knows what he is doing and knows how to teach.

Summary: Fast 2nd semester, and an enjoyable one. I think I got to know Xuan Jie around this time, and start to have more crap with 04 buddy class.

No comments: