Thursday, June 29, 2006

Poly Days 4 - Year 1 Sem 1

Tough time after nearly 7 months without touching books and adapting to a whole new system. Remembered my very first lesson was GDIT and Wendy Lee was the lecturer...Oh yeah during this time we were "plagued" by the SARS outbreak and had to take temperature to report or be fined. That was a pain in the neck...

DBMS: Hahaha. DBMS grants me the first exposure to some sort of programming and really spark my interest. I kind of enjoy doing the practicals. However, I absolutely hate the theory portion (I totally flopped the assignment portion), especially when you have a lecturer that says...

The Lecturer: "Not to worry", "Not to worry"...Who can forget this pet phrase? Haha. Everything also not to worry...She's quite a nice person and also frequently "call us up" for activites even after she's not teaching us. Other thing I can remember is frequently calling students up to "demonstrate" the answers to the practicals...Heh...

GDIT: Yes. Art. Always my weakest point. Most enjoyable assignment was the designing a CD Cover. That was fun. (My first time borrowing the digital camera and filiming a tree at the back of the building) "Design Principals" was totally "catch no ball" and merely did what I did. Last assignment was designing a series of items, which I think I did with Adriel and forgot who. That was stressful. By the way, I still suck at Photoshop after this module.

The Lecturer: "Fa Chai", "Art Flen", "Luler". Enough said. I don't know how Toby get associated with her. Think it was once when she's in the foodcourt and she raised her...arm. Poor Toby got joked about this for the next 2 years. Leon joined shortly after to teach us.

ICIT: Lame module. Nothing to say. Did the project with the girls.

The Lecturer: Starting was taught by Mr See. Remember he was extremely "soft" at the beginning and we were joking about that. Later he used a mic and it became better. Still remember the joke about the person using the mouse. (Put hand on top of mouse and move the hand) Lame...later it changed to another guy but I forgot his name.

MORG: Again a "art related" module which I kind of suck at. Remember most lame was I did a Jacky Wu funeral and coffin for the first assignment. 2nd assignment did theatre scene with 3 friends. Remember Toby took 2 weeks to model a......fire extinguisher! Which at the end got placed at a small corner of the scene. Very stressful when we almost failed to hand in the assignment on time. (All rushing at the last minute) We kept checking whether Kenny is going to collect the CDs at 5:30pm. Turned out it was still in his letterbox the next morning...Grrr...

The Lecturer: Kenny was OK...it was during the later part that he got associated with Nuggets. Haha. We always thought he has this "Tu Bo Shu" look...Hee...Another lecturer is "Billionhair" (don't know his name)...He's a nice guy but a bit lame...

WEBP: Woohoo. Favourite module in the first semester. Too bad I flop the Practical. Now I think about it the practical was freaking easy, but i was too "newb" then. Everything also don't know. Couldn't finish it on time and all that...Haizz...Then I look back at the first assignment website I made..."freaking horrendous" (Now I understand why I got such crappy score for it)

The Lecturer: Probably number 1 lecturer. He explains his concepts in a very clear manner, and really make an effort to help you understand. Friendly and give lots of tips. What more can you ask.

OC: Oral Communication. One event I remembered was like the 1st or 2nd lesson, where Mrs Goh got us to back-faced each other and ask some lame questions to each other (Still remember my 'partner' was XinTing). Think she ask me what color underwear I was wearing or something. Super super lame...Then there's one where we wrote down 3 of our characteristics (2 true 1 false or something). Most memorable was Shi Yuan wrote "I draw Hentai"...He's godly man. 2nd Project, teamed up with Adriel for a presentation about "Capital Punishment"...Whew he was so serious...-_-

The Lecturer: Friendly, and knows who to teach. Don't know why some people don't like her.

CRS: Aha! The "General Paper" of the Poly. Basically it's a load of junk stuff that made me took up the pen to write somthing again.

The Lecturer: Ho ho ho! I remember this! Irene Lee! One time, we went to SPGG to play bowling and came back quite late for the lesson. We told her it was Toby birthday...and she believed! ROFL...I think the term "Gien Peng Kia' was borned around then! One event, we had to show some controversial stuff (TV violence or something, and Toby played "Shane getting his XXX electrify by Kane"...Haha. Fun times.

Summary: That's all for the first semester, and also one that I regretted a lot (about the study). I shall be truthful to myself that I did not put in much effort and I got some pretty bad results. Maybe it's that I still haven't adapt to the new lifestyle, or I just dont' like the modules as much...

No comments: