Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Poly Days 3 – SP Orientation

One of my most “wasted” time of my life came after the O Levels, where I actually spent more than 3 months entirely on Gaming. To this day I still regretted how I spent those 3 months. It was so painful after that I made a point then everytime I have a long period of break, I must spend some time to “upgrade myself”...Time flies and July 2003 arrived. I was quite nervous at this point because I am the only person from my class that came to this course.

First Day: Remember when I “reported” at the wrong place. I went all the way down to “Mcdonald” area to realized that I've been to wrong place. Then went back to dover MRT area again before I was directed to the auditorium. Nothing much I could recall there except they played a video of SP Life, telling us to not only learn the skills for the next 3 years, but also interact with friends and have a great campus life. Yeah all those. It's also the ONLY time where I saw the Principal (in the video) of the school, which to this day I still have no idea what his name is.

Met my first Personal Tutor that day......Geraldine Tye. First impression was that she's very friendly and all. Could not remember much except she lead us up a long road of hill to an area with benches. There, she wanted us to introduce ourselves...after that...went home I think. I only like recognized Sean and John as my classmate...(Their faces)

Orientation: Aha...again couldn't recall much. One part was they got all of us to line up in a long columns as the ICT leaders talk some gibberish. Somewhere at this point Ben came up to me and asked, “Are you from Xishan?”. What the...! I don't really know him but surprisingly he can recognized me. Turned out he's from 6A, which is sort of like 6B buddy class.

After that, the ICT people wanted us to stay behind to do some lame activities. A LOT (almost all I think) of my class went home and only I (And if I recall, Waicheng) stayed behind to participated in it. I think it was to use some old newspaper to build some figurine....Haha.

Flag Day: There was a Flag Day activity and this is one I can still relive to this day. I went to Jurong Area with Toby, Adriel...and Jerry. Basically we did what we were supposed to do, and I remember Adriel complaining to me that all the passer-by were “donating” to my and not his. Haha. Maybe I more friendly (and cute). After that we went to the back to have lunch at the coffee shop. This Flag Day actually had a very profound and long lasting effect on my entire year 1 Poly Life......because the 3 of them became the only people that I know more in the class. Whether that's a good thing or not...well...

Orientation ended. First lessons is about to start...Time to “pack up my feelings” for a new phase of my life...

No comments: