Friday, June 02, 2006

I am a blog newbie......

I just realized about 2 days ago that you don't have to adhere to the "default" templates provided by this site...and you customize it a bit. Well I look through the code and tried to add some little more stuff... (Visited quite a number of other blogs)

Wow...the code left me in a bit of shock. Yes, "web presentation" without the use of tables if nothing new, but this is the first time I've actually seen it in action. I mean, I consider myself proficient in HTML, but to design a page without the use of tables. I never knew how to do that.

Peeking through the code was really interesting (that's what I spent most of today doing haha). This sparks my interst to learn CSS Positioning...die...so many things to learn......One at a time I guess...I still have quiet a lot of time left.

Also wondered how other people blog can have so many features...especially that Adeline -_-... still can track the exact visitor and what they do... like Spyware man...Can check who read your blog, what's his IP, how long he read for, what time...etc...Nothing to say.

So, being the "free man" that I am, I went around the web to hunt for some web add-ons...gosh there were tons of them...Guestbooks, horoscopes, comic stripes, you name it, you got it. Anyway I just pick 3 that I feel is necessary - A Poll Generator, A Chat Box and A Simple Stat Tracker. I don't like to have too many things clutter around all over the place. Same in real life, same on the net. Simple and clean and easy to read is good enough.

So basically I spent the rest of the day putting codes from the add-ons in, and messing around with the CSS positioning code a bit.

No comments: