Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Ten Promises To My Dog

Today, I DM from my final SW. What an "emo" moment that was... my first OD was at SW. The memories...

Thanks for the wonderful "final night".

Farewell forever, SW.

...

...

Been such a long time since I went to see an "emo" movie. And what better choice than a movie about dogs. Haha. Actually, we wanted to watch together in a much bigger group, but it's "physically impossible" to do so.

It was sort of a last minute decision I guess. Anyway, participants include Long Long, Ben Ben, Win Win, Run Run, Jie Jie and "How Beautiful" (多美丽). Went to Suki Sushi for buffet lunch. At first I didn't' really want to... but bo bian... majority mah.

$25 dollars... Food is ok lah... but it makes me even more certain that I don't like Japanese Food. (Sashimi, Sushi, etc).

Xiao Zhang didn't go for the movie cause he said he didn't want to cry... Duh?

Anyway... the movie itself...



Hmm... predictable & very simple story. From the start, you can "agar agar" guess what will happen in the end. But be prepared to shed some tears.

You can probably feel it coming the first time the mother recites the "10 promises". The 2nd time it is recounted, most people wouldn't be able to control themselves.

It's a bit draggy at certain portions, but I guess it is necessary to build up the characters (makes you feel like you've known them for a longer time). I actually think the father is the best character in this movie instead of the female lead.

Anyway, the only complain I have is the CGI effect used on the dog at certain portions. It's very fake looking and "reminds you that it's not real". It's like quite a big "stain".

Overall, a very well-done "emo" film suitable for everyone~ Much better than CJ7.

No comments: