Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Dark Knight

I think I'm about to break my personal record for the most number of movies watched in 1 month...

Participants include Jia Yun, Benjamin, Karl, Leon, Edmund, Kenny, Samuel and Timothy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Storyline: A psychopath known as the Joker (archenemy of Batman), is about to bring chaos and destruction to the city. Someone will have to stop him...

First: It's actually quite difficult for me to rate this movie as I didn't watch the first one. In fact, I know jack**** about Batman. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that has NO background knowledge of the characters or villians. As a result, I might be slower in catching the plot. (E.g - I didn't know Rachel know Batman is Batman)

Confusing Fight Scenes: Like I said, I'm actually quite confuse with the plot. I know generally what it is all about, but the actual details are very blurry. The horribly confusing "battle scenes" just makes it worse. Some are all right, but some just shows the camera SHIFTING ABOUT RANDOMLY EXTREMELY FAST. WTF? I can't even see what's going on clearly.

I'll list out some major fight scenes from start to end I can recall off the top of my head...

1) Rob Bank - This is good. I like the part where Joker says "I was told to kill the driver", and eventually walking out as the final winner.

2) Road Chase - This one is just plain confusing. Basically it's just "BOOM! BOOM!", show the inside of the car shake, show Joker holding the bazooka, fire a few blasts, then "BOOM! BOOM!" again. I don't know what's going on.

3) Capturing Joker at the Building - This one is even worse. Basically, the hostages turn out to be Joker and the Jokers turn out to be the hostages. You see some blue wireframe figures, then you switch to reality. Then Batman start hitting the SWAT soldiers, then more blue wireframe.

The Surprise: When Joker was "captured", I thought (and I bet most people that didn't know the movie running time) it was over. Surprisingly though, it was just about done. The entire thing was actually set up by the Joker himself... Wow... a REALLY LONG MOVIE.

My View: Intriguing thriller with lots of twists and turns. There are some morale behind the story. The part where the 2 people on the boat gets to choose each other fate is good, but the one where they decide to preserve the upright image of their hero is even better. Joker is an awesome villian, that's all I have to say. Let's go with 3.5 Stars.

No comments: