Thursday, July 31, 2008

NTU, Freshmen Welcome Day! (Part 2)

This post is a continuation from Part I.

Zhi Wei's phone rang and the caller displayed is me... meaning someone called him using my phone.

Well, I picked it up ASAP of course, and a guy answered. Spare the details, it appeared that my phone is with him! And so yeah... I met with this kind man (he's a staff there) who returned my lost phone to me after confirming that I'm really the owner of the phone. Whew... a sigh of relief...

I tried finding out what happened, but this man is not the person who picked up my phone. He said someone passed it to him this morning, and he held onto it thinking that its owner will call the phone. However, he only realized the phone was switched off till the afternoon...

So whatever it is, I guess I will never know how my phone manage to "walk out" of my bag. Only the person that picked up my phone will know where I dropped it, but no one knows who he is now.

Lame right?

If you think that's the end of the story, you're wrong.

At the end of the day, when I was going home (walking towards bus stop), I received another call. It was from a staff who helped me searched for my phone earlier. She said she found a phone and thought it might be mine. I told her I already got my phone back, and she was like, "Oh Ok...".

So, who lost the 2nd phone? Maybe it's the person who was sitting at the cursed place during the afternoon session?

Whew... creepy... Regardless, I think I'm very lucky to get back my phone. Whoever the kind man is, I give him my greatest gratitude.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I spent too much time on this supernatural occurrence already, so back to the orientation bah.

We went to our individual school talks after that... For my side, it's basically nothing much... just a lot about academic matters. Like adding & dropping of courses, taking minors, the different electives, the SCE Club, etc...

The "opening speech" of Professor Angela really... "inspires" me a lot though. Even before coming to the course, I've already heard of its "great name" as being one of the toughest, but what she said confirmed it. I don't remember the exact words, but this is basically what she said.

"Last week, we just saw the graduation of our Computer Engineering 08' batch, and they were asked to write their opinions on the courses they took... Some of the kinder ones, they wrote things like 'challenging', 'not that tough'. The ones that are more frank, however, described it as the 'killer course'."

Another speaker said, "Students usually performed more badly during the first semester due to being away from books for so long. Every year, boys tell me that 'wearing green' brought their IQ to 0, which is why they couldn't adjust in the first semester..."

...

...

Wow. What a great prelude to the school first semester. Now I'm really "dying" to study. Went home after that lo~

My block is just directly opposite of Ah Wei~ so I think we'll be seeing each other quite often. And of course, I'll wait with open arms for the arrival of my Kindergarten friends next year!

No comments: