Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hellboy 2 - The Golden Army...

Yeh...finally removed the stitches for the wisdom tooth, but there's still a "hole" back there. Dentist says it's gonna take 2 weeks or more to heal completely.

After that, went to SLS to do a little research. (More on this next time)

Afternoon, meet with Edwin, Wei Long, Benjamin, Geraint, Kenny & Edmund for lunch and movie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Storyline: Ancient times, a King made a pact with the human race for peace, burying his indestructable golden army underground. He split his crown into 3 pieces...

Now, the Prince is back to collect back the 3 pieces in order to awake the Golden Army, and destroy all of humanity.

My View: To me leh... the movie is very average. The "supposedly good" parts isn't even that good. I don't know why, but everything just feels so... "average". From the fight between Hellboy & the Tree, the final battle, etc. It just isn't as "epic & heart-pounding" and they WANTED it to be.

Character design/costumes kind of sucks; The Princess looks like a living-dead... as a matter of fact, she is. The King is not too bad, but I felt the evil prince could be improved on a lot.

If you want me to pick out exactly what I don't like, I don't think I can. There isn't any particular thing that is bad, it's just that everything is too average. There isn't anything spectacular or awesome enough for me to 'WOW!' at.

Edmund actually fell asleep (It's not that bad lah...), but I'll give it 2.5 to 3 stars. Don't pay more than $6 for it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, we went to Mind's since it's just around the corner. Been ages since I've visited... in fact, since I entered Kindergarten.

Since we didn't have much time, we had to play those that are simple to learn and fast to play! So I "introduced" some that I'm familiar with...

Snorta - Whew...I lost quite badly. I thought using 3 chinese characters (or mixed) were much easier. Or maybe I grow older liao... memory and reaction failing me.

First Hand - We played through the entire deck! What the hell... get aimed lor... everything also say I slowest... WTH -_-

Ugly Doll - Introduced by Edmund. It's quite similar to Snorta, but MUCH more violence, much more screaming and much more... well, ugly. Kenny screams can really pierce through your ears...

Taboo
- Old classic game.

Hmm... now there the pricing are still very cheap. From 11pm to 6pm, you can get the happy hour package. Basically, you play any 4 hours, with free flow drinks for only $5! I think it's a good place to spend any afternoon.

No comments: