Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bye, Kindergarten!

Regardless of good or bad, I got to stay in the Kindergarten for my last 2 nights. Thanks to those who came back to company me so I don't have to face the 4 walls alone. First night was still alright. Second, some psychopath came back and destroy the peace and serene. I think he should go see a psychiatrist, seriously. It's free for all students at the Kindergarten.

I was actually feeling quite "emo" on the 2nd night, knowing that I'm about to do the things that I've been doing for the past 500 plus days for the last time. Touring the "backyard", writing the excursion forms, updating the attendance board, answering the calls and playing with the pets...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Thanks
I hereby sincerely express my gratitude and thanks to anyone who has helped me in ANY way for the duration I was at the Kindergarten, no matter how small or insignificant it is.

First of all, I sincerely thank the Principal for his encouraging words, and his awesome farewell gifts for me. He is truly a great and generous person, and life in school wouldn't be the same without him. Next, I would like to express my utmost appreciation and gratitude to my form teacher for his assistance in helping me achieve such wonderful results.

I would like to thank all the "alumini" of the Kindergarten for their "motivation" they've given me when they left school. Without them, I would not have persevere till today.

Of course, I give the greatest thanks to all my classmates and schoolmates. Each and everyone of them made the Kindergarten such a "culturally diverse and fun-filled" place. Everyone of them are unique individuals that are fun to be together with, with people from all different backgrounds. We have the westerners, the oriental and the gangsters. We have the psychopaths and the maniacs, the silent (silent killer) and the loud-spoken, the timid and the fearless.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exciting Life At The Kindergarten
The result of having so many different personalities meant that our daily lives were filled with so much "excitement" and "challenges". Everyday is a different one, and I just know everyone simply looks forward to school.

You have to constantly be on a lookout for "exciting nominations" from the teachers. Being "nominated" is such a wonderful feeling, because it gives you the satisfaction and fulfillment of being "trusted" to do tasks that no one else wanted to. When you are "nominated", it means you are contributing to the Kindergarten, which is simply a "wonderful feeling". Your peers and friends rely on you to help them, and helping them gives you the utmost satisfaction.

In here, what matters most are friendship. Friends should help each other out with their homework, right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun Filled Memories
I will really miss washing the backyard and scrubbing the floors with my classmates. I never feel bored when I'm spending time with them.

I love it even more when my classmates leave me behind and let me clean the entire backyard by myself. It meant that they trust my abilities and I really really appreciate that. I love to do chores myself because I can learn to be independent, and even train up at the same time. It is truly the most wonderful job in the world.

When I am left to do everything by myself, I feel that I'm truly contributing to the school, and only then do my life has meaning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Times Together
When I return to my room and find things misplaced or missing, I would be so delighted. It meant that I can now play the "detective game" which I love so much. I can go around the whole school hunting for my item, which is just so much fun!

I love it when during my showers, water will just splash down from the skies for no reason at all! It's so unexpected that you can't help but laugh. Life is so much fun back then.

I love it when when visitors came to the Kindergarten, we get to rehearse 100 times beforehand. It is a life-time experience to be able to perform in front of the school's guests.

I love it when I'm forced to stay in school, because nothing can be more fun than staying in school! It's like living in a president suite! I don't feel like I'm being punished at all!

I love it when the school conduct "physical fitness" lessons, because we get to run around the compound! We take this chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery and stay healthy at the same time! It's the best of both worlds!

The best thing is when school-bell rings, we don't have to go home. Instead, we get to play with our pets! It's the best school rule ever!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Variety of Educational & Challenging Excursions
I love taking the "free air-con" bus at 5pm for external excursions. Different classmates accompany you each time, and to different places, which meant more variety and more fun!

I am eternally grateful to the MOE for organizing so much excursions for us (up to 10 per month!). Not only do they provide top-rated dinner, we also enjoy royalty-like treatment there. And we don't even have to pay a single cent!

The best thing happens when they organize excursions for me during weekends and holidays. Who needs to celebrate Chinese New Year or Christmas? Nothing can be more fun than going on excursions! Students gained so much from those educational tours, they learn vital life skills that they would never have know elsewhere.

I am overjoyed each time when I know that someone decides not to attend an excursion, because then there'll be a chance that our teachers may "nominate" me to go. I am over the moon whenever something like that occurs.

Excursions are simply the best things at the Kindergarten. They made me learn so much more about life. My intelligence stats have increased by at least 100 from the countless excursions during my stay at the Kindergarten.

(YK, YZ: Please continue to persevere and uphold our honor, even as the minority.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Best Place
As you can see, the Kindergarten is simply the BEST PLACE in this world.

I will definitely miss my life at the Kindergarten!

It is where I spend the best years of my life doing the most meaningful things I've ever done.

I will miss everyone at the Kindergarten!

No comments: