Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NTU, Freshmen Welcome Day! (Part I)

Aha! The big day's finally here. This is going to be a long post, because something supernatural happened... so bear with me.

...

And so I woke up at 0630 in the morning to the ringing alarm of my phone. Been ages since I woke up this early. Went to Boon Lay interchange to meet up with...

...

Tada! A~go~go~!!

I"ll address him as Zhi Wei now. Only in green places do we address each other by their surnames, so we should do away with that. And the Kindergarten is the only place in this world where we address each other by their "pet name + surname". (e.g Jackie Goh) It is a "unique" tradition that we should leave behind after we left the Kindergarten... seriously. This is our common sentiments.

...

Well anyway... talked about lots of things lo. Like what has he been doing this past few months~ how Jackie is so "ke lian" now, being abused constantly by his mad owner and SK always looking for a chance to give him some "love education" (in his own words).

Haha...been months since I seen him, and my feeling this time round is completely different. I remembered when he left, I told him I'll see him again after 6 months. I kept my promise :P

We reached the place quite early... not even opened yet... Hang around a bit until 0915... Finally can go in...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Bad Omen

And so we headed inside the auditorium... I asked him want to sit where... so he choose lor. Right side, in front. So everything just went on as normal.

Arrival of guests, some speech by some of the VIPs (all of them recounting their "days in NTU", saying how "seeing you reminds me of myself in the past"...), some introduction program.

And then...

Something caught my eye.

Something that HORRIFIED me...

I SAW THIS!!!



...

...

Out of THOUSANDS of seats, somehow me and Ago happened to sit behind this?! I swear this wasn't intentional. We didn't even realized the seats are labeled until halfway through the programme...

Man... I have a bad feeling about this...

...

Is my past coming back to haunt me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking The Pledge

So we recite the pledge of NTU, and somehow I am glad that the pledge doesn't end with "with my life!"...

...

...

Anywayz...

We went through the "lighting up" sequence, which is said to signify a new stage in our lives, etc... Watch some performance...

End of morning session. Went out for lunch/refreshments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Curse

AND IT HAPPENED. My handphone... IS GONE!

... WTF?!

I remembered taking it out to switch to silent mode, putting it into my bag and NEVER opening it again. The bag was lying beneath the chair ALL ALONG. HOW THE HELL IT DISAPPEARED?!

...

I searched all over the place for it. I went back into the auditorium, searched high and low near the place I sat, asked the staffs (1 of the staff help me called my HP, but transfer to voice mail)...

Still no signs of my phone. IT VANISHED inside my bag!

...

Wah Lau... I tried calling using Zhi Wei's HP, but it kept transferring to voice mail immediately. Kept trying... but still the same result. Haiz... I gave up.

I remembered VERY VERY CLEARLY I only switched it to silent. I DID NOT OFF IT, and IT WAS IN MY BAG ALL ALONG. By now, I'm convinced someone has somehow taken my HP, switch it off/took out the sim card.

Anyway... bo bian. What to do? HP disappear into thin air by itself.

Think so much also no use... Haiz... preparing to cancel the line liao.

Time's up. Afternoon session starts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon Session Begins

So we went in, and Zhi Wei said, "want sit back same place?"

I said, "NO, I dont' want sit at the cursed place."

He insisted though, so we went back to check it out, but the seat has been taken already...

Bo bian... went to sit in the middle, back portion. The R-25 or R-26 I think.

Then, out of nowhere, he said this, "lucky we never sit R-21."

...

AHHHHHHHHHH! Tio stunned! Since when he became so "cold"... -__-

...

...

Anyway, sitting through another series of speeches.

And then... Zhi Wei's HP rang, and it's a call from

...

"ME!"

...

WHATTTTT???????????????!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Be Continue...

...

No comments: