Monday, July 10, 2006

Watching what I eat......(Darn chocolates)

Finally ended the 13 chapters of the "Poly Days Recount" and can get back to normal writing of my journal~

I've fallen ill again, although it's not extremely serious till I had to go see a doctor. Very "proud" of myself cause I look back and see that the last time I fell ill was August 2005. That's almost 1 year ago!

I think I'm kind of like 体弱多病...in the past. I estimate that on average I used to fell sick once every 6 months. However, felt that my health / resistance to virus got better ever since I started exercising regularly since the end of last year.

The main reason I've fallen sick this time is...can't resist the temptations for certain food... Actually my body already gave me a lot of signals that something is going wrong, but I stubbornly choose to ignore them and continue to indulge in the deliciously heavenly chocolate that my brother girlfriend brought from overseas. (She's a air stewardess) The taste is gratifying and when you slowly devour them you'll have this 幸福的感觉... So I kept eating...and eating in search for happiness. Gobble up about half a bar the first day.

Then the next morning I woke up, slight pain in the throat and constantly felt the need for water. But being the "Buay Kia Si" person, I continue to spam the chocolates. (That's not counting the nuggets my Mum fried and all sort of junk like Coke and chicken wings...)

Finally Judgement Day arrives and my body couldn't take it anymore. The next day I woke up with a burning sensation in the throat. Then followed by serious coughing and then the headache and fever. (Originally wanted to go the Palm Beach gathering with my classmates also couldnt' go)

Geez....slept throughout the entire Sunday. (didn't even make it to the supposedly Qin Jie's birthday gathering). Luckily being so fit (Hahaha) I managed to recover today just by eating pandols, drinking lots of water and consuming the "Pi Pa Gao". Whew...

Must treat this experience as a lesson...must watch what I eat more. And most importantly drink lots of water.

No comments: