Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Poly Days 10 - Graduation Day!

Yep...officially graduated and recieved my Diploma~! Wee~so happy. 3 years of hard work paid off. Time files man...Climbed Mt.E-Mei for what is probably the last time today...

Meeting Up: Met up with the group at Dover MRT...almost couldn't recognize Glenn! Only when he called out to me did I notice him...haha. His voice also became very hoarse... Anyway met Waicheng, XuanJie and went up to FC6 to eat our "last meal". Toby joined shortly after. Blast, was fake by John (Didn't know his new number) and thought it was Jerry.

The Ceremony: Was quite 'rushed' and keep misplacing stuff...Anyway was sitting beside Jolene and Ben is in front. Again didn't notice him until he called me...LOL. Haven't get used to seeing their "new face" yet. Anyway at first played a video (One part got people playing Hyper Relay...) which basically promotes their own students...Then the guests came in and a song was played (At first i thought it was the "Funeral March").

Anyway......after the VIP person gave his speech, presentation started. I think the stage is a bit too..."tropical forest". Everywhere is flowers and more flowers. I think the usher also quite "sian"...do the same action for at least 300 times...

My friend: I can remember only Ken. Very very "black face" and very attitude. She is like super"buay song". I can picture this going in his mind: "What? Not happy ar? Want give then give don't give nevermind!" when he walk over and collect his scroll. Damn funny. Oh yeah, Hong Hui was very "cute" (his actions very cartoon). I think Sean also quite "sian" attitude... Hahaha.

My Turn: Geez...I think mine is the most memorable? Hee hee. When you sit down there it feels like nothing much...A while then over. But when I started queueing can really feel a little nervousness start to build...When I was walking over to the presenter...The announcer read my name wrongly..."Bay Zhao Zhen"...Dotz. Anyway what I vaguely remember is, I paused for a silght moment when I heard the name, but then I thought "Ahhh...screw it" and just continue walking, shook the hand and left the place. Not that there's anything I can do about it......

Anyway, the announcer came up later to me to apologize...She said what, she had reherased it many times but is "slip of mouth"...Then say what she wanted to correct it but I already walked off the stage. Haizz...well what's done is done. At least my graduation day is special and memorable. Who else can have their name read wrongly at graduation ceremony? :P

My Secondary School Teacher: Wah! This is really unexpected man. Mr Siva, who didn't even teach me "directly", came over as a representative to see our school students. (Which, sadly to say, is only me...Why no one take IT!!!) They wanted to go for Matthew one too but it's in the morning and they got classes to teach.

Anyway, he's the PE teacher for the girls of our class. Reminds me partly of my secondary school days...PE Lessons...the horror. He also told me about some things never knew about, like Mr Lee going for a throat surgery early this year...luckily he's recovered and all healthy now. (He's a very very nice teacher) Anyway was quite surprised and very honored that that a teacher from there came to see me for the graduation. Geez...now I felt like doing a Secondary Recount...haha...next time next time.

Shaking Hands: Basically recieve "congraulations" from Ho Chee Meng...Lai Fook Ming...Shirley and all. Goodbye Poly!

Photos Taking: This is fun. Haha. Best part was the group photos. Basically we did 3 important ones...The first was "thumbs up for the Poly", 2nd was "punching into the air" and the 3rd was......"acting cute" (Suggested by Mengzhi I think.

Aftermath: Went to Swensen's for dinner although not everyone went as some needed to report back to camp. Ben talked about the lame jokes he "absorbed" in the army...some was really funny (I like the Snow White one) but some is really no link. After that went to sing K~!

Singing K: Usual session. I think the best thing about singing K is not actually where you get to sing, but when you get to know very nice new songs, or relive some "forgotten" songs that are really nice. When like you anyhow picked a song and it came out as some ****(aka one singing about Mao Ze Dong like the bright Sun) or it turned out to be really nice (and you heard it long time ago but forgot about it), now that's cool. We replaced almost every imaginable song with "其实不想走". Anyway, when we sang the "Ming Tian Hui Geng Hao" at the end, all like "self high". Especially Ken (Lot of action. Took down that video. Hahaha. )

Hi Stranger: On my way home, there's this guy that came up to me and commented that my "bag" (The graduation 2006 one) is very pretty. At first I thought he was from the Poly since he's wearing white shirt and black pants...later know that's he's not. He came from Malaysia to start his own business. (he's only 1 year older than me)

Any Regrets For Graduation?

Yes......my only regret is that my Mum wasn't there. Haizz....actually it's really nothing much (and I don't really mind that much). She's really too busy on that day (and I can understand) and she asked my brother to go. But I couldn't care whether my brother is there or not...LOL (He's unimportant) When Mr Quek asked me where are my parents, and I told him I'm there alone. Then he said something like "can't even make time for own children"... :( So sad...

Anyway my mum also quite sorry she didn't get to go. Then she said if the day comes where I get to wear the "Square Hat", she'll be there no matter what happens. Totally 感动...

No comments: