Sunday, July 02, 2006

Poly Days 7 - Year 2 Sem 2

Alrighty...this is like one of the most stressful semester...And I was "forced" to be the class rap. (At first was quite unwillingly, but was grateful at the end when I saw that it was the Class Rap clause that pushed my CCA points up by 1 grade...heh...)

Being A Class Rap: Not easy man...First you have to go to some place to photocopy stuff...and the assistant class rap will not help you...That's still secondary. Worst is when your classmates "request" that you mark their attendence as they have other "important matters" to attend to...especially during Daryl Lim lesson cause I am afraid he will randomly call out people. Really is 左右为难......

IGRA: Blah!!! Java3D...nothing much to say except for one very stupid thing I did...don't know what came over me. During the mid exam have to draw the curve that will be produce by a formula...I got the correct answer already, but I erase it and draw some crap. Hee...In the end did quite badly for Mid Term.

The Lecturer: Huh...Hubertus...very tall guy (I only a bit higher than his waist...) Strangely...I dont remember much during this time about him...

MMAD: Again don't have much memory. Know first assignment we did a Japanese CD-Rom review.

The Lecturer: Aha...Ms Eileen...I think she's very nice (but many people don't think so...) and I like doing the tutorial sessions (It was almost always some sort of debate)

MMPJ: One thing is...the lecture room is freaking freaking cold. Tutorial is taught by James Ang. Remember once he tried to 挑拨离间 between us...luckily I told him "Please don't jeopardize our relations." Mwahahaha...I think the infamous phrase by Shi Yuan happened during 1 of James tutorial -- "I hate Racist and Indians."

The Lecturer: Daryl is quite a nice guy but he's a bit too...erm...strict and you must adhere to his standards. Remember he will always spend half an hour during the lessons to repeat the SAME THING. "I will treat you guys like adults...", "I won't force you all to buy the textbook...but if you all want to score A...", blah blah, typical of him. Still remember MMPJ Board Game...hoho!

MMAS: Macromedia Director...hmm...that's all. Oh yeah. During one of the lecture he wanted us to do moving an image up or down in director and no one knows how to do, and Ben said "later come out in the exam, he giving us hint now". At that time I was, "LOL 不可能"。In the end...the papers came...REALLY EXACTLY the same question! Geez...What the hell man. Ben got power to predict?!

The Lecturer: James Ang...he is really the model of what I call a 冷面笑将. When he says a joke, his facial expression doesn't change and he gives you that monotone voice. Sometimes you don't even realize he is saying a joke. I remember one of the first few lesson he already say what "No Eye Dear" joke...Ultra lamer. There's another female lecturer during the practical but I forgot her name.

PCT: Woo! This is quite fun because I was quite a hardware newbie back then (Never open my case before) and I was looking forward to it. I really enjoy this module a lot because it's like not stressful at all (partly because of the lecturer). The exam (quiz) was quite lame although...Too bad the teaching materials were quite bad and we were stuck with quite backward stuff...

The Lecturer: My eyes!!! Oh my eyes! Hahaha...he's like the easiest going lecturer in the whole 3 years and always "smiley smiley" (Guess that's why students tends to be more... "disrespectful" to him). Remember during the mid term exam he will even drop some sort of "hints" (Either intentionally or not intentionally). I think Ben told me about him trying to hide the sweets he is eating...sibeh lame.

TBCM: Aha..."General Module", and what's more. One that requires you to talk. I will never forget Stormworks! Adriel, Ken, Mengzhi and Me! Most memorable thing about TBCM is actually the early period where we did all kind of activities to demonstrate communication. Some I can remember is a Murderer game where you use your "eyes" to signal. There's also one where you have to mimic every action your partner is doing, like the mirror. (I was partnered with Ben and he is able to do so many crazy expressions that makes me impossible to imitate...) Hmm...what else. Still remember a "MRT seat selection" and one that I have to talk some gibbeish to Shu Hui (He said I must pretend to be a guy from China "Hei Long Jiang")...dotz...

Another one is of course the Interview. I was extremely nervous before heading in. (I still remember very very cleary I was spamming "Jin Zhong Zhao Tie Bu Shan" all the way to calm myself down)

The Lecturer: Forgot his name...Low Kok Wye or something.

VBAS: Okay......sort of a worthless module I think. Should have replaced it with C++ but...well. The module is very boring to say the least, but the lecturer tried his best to make it interesting already...

The Lecturer: I still remember the joke by Ben. Which lecturer in our school can memorize well? Answer is Ronnie Peh, because "Rong Yi Bei"......almost collapse when I heard that joke. We like to refer to him as "Mickey Mouse" or "Pei Yong Jun"......he's a very friendly guy and it was till then we realize he wrote our DSAL textbook...Lots and lots of errors. "Head Node" became "Headache"...geez.

Summary: Marks the last stressful term~! Senior liao senior liao! Let's...Get ready for...... Gabble.

Or not?

No comments: