Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tips for reporting errors

Sometimes, it's really frustrating when you're working with people that have no clue what they want and don't even want to give some basic information to help you out a bit.

When there's errors with a program, it's almost common sense that you include what the error is, where is occurs, and if possible how it occurs (under what circumstances). Even if you are so clueless and don't know anything, at least tell me the error message. I cant' believe they can send me things ilke:

"I tried to open the fla but couldn't. Gives error."
"I recieved an error when I try to publish the fla file".
"I got 2 error messages when I open the swf."

Geez! At least tell me what the error is! Is it so difficult for you to cut and paste the error message or do a screenshot? I am not god and don't know what is wrong with your computer, or what you did to tamper with the files to result in that error (because it works perfectly fine on my com).

Turn out in the end they didn't include the necessary external files (cause they like to "ji siao" and move the files around), which I has told them many many times that it must be contained in the root folder or else the fla file cannot read it, and will result in error. Never listen. Not 3 year old kids liao leh...simple things also must repeat so many times. Geez.

Oh yeah, one thing is last week I went to POSB bank to do a passbook update (using the machine) and got "Error 2! Please approach the desk for help" message. And after a long queue to ask the desk person, I found out that there is no problem with the machine or my account book. It's because there is nothing to update. Nothing to update = Error 2. Cool...... A professional, huge, international organization can have such user feedback on their machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol those people are losers =P POSB must really learn how to make their systems user-friendly, ask them go learn DEUI =X\