Sunday, August 06, 2006

Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006

Hmm...I noticed that I've changed a lot in the past 3 months...as in...I'm doing some "crazy" things that I will never ever have done in the past. Like...erm...going out with near complete strangers. 2 times with online friends. I think maybe i cope myself up at home too long, or likely I going into the Army soon.

Outing was quite a "failure" cause many peopele that said they were coming but didnt came in the end. Haha. Outing group was SHEA forum members, and our main goal was to see the Fireworks Festival (suggested by Trenz). I think I've only seen Fireworks live once in my entire life, and that is during the primary school where we were brought to see the National Day preview. (Heh) So I was quite looking forward to it.

Some of them were totally different from what I had expected. First off went to KBox sing song. (Horribly expensive, outrageous remote control, small screen and sucky service) It was alright except it's pretty one sided. The only good point is you get to see lot of S.H.E songs being chosen and we all know how to sing. Haha.

After that went to Suntec, play Arcade and 'makan'. Chit chat and stuff. Then came the "Main Event" of the night...The Fireworks! Walked to Esplanade...geez that place is super crowded. The entire bridge area is filled with people and you can barely walk through path. (It's like Chinese New Year Chinatown)

After some delay by the sarcastic host the show finally began. 5th August one was the display by Italy (The festival actually last a few days with different countries on each date). Our spot was not very perfect and blocked by 1 freaking tree, but still can see quite clearly (But the angle is limited). Fireworks was splendid~(But too much air pollution)

Youtube Link

You can't really feel the impact by watching the video. When you're there, you can almost feel your heart beat thump along with every "boom" the fireworks make. (especially the super loud ones). Many surprises and the crowd will all go like "wooooo~". Best part was at the end when they basically "spammed" everything they got and filled the sky with all sort of colours. I still remember the final effect was they release lots of little red flares up, then they all burst and burst into some meteors and drizzle down. As they fall slowly they leave a trailing fire effect, very very nice. Unfortunately we didn't manage to record till that part... :(

That's all for the day~

No comments: