Saturday, August 19, 2006

5 Months Of......Intense Gaming

Ahhh...I've played a lot of games during these 5 months. The most important ones being...

Civilization IV - 2005 Game Of The Year and 1 of the most addictive game I've ever played. Never regret picking up this game and I've conquered the world using both the sword and the pen countless times since I brought it. Learnt a lot about the historical leaders of the past and of course the wonders. Quite disappointed with the Warlords expansion as it didn't really add to the gameplay. Biggest regret is my com specs is not good enough to go to the 18 Civlization World War...god, that's gonna be so cool. The best I can go up to now are 8 civilizations without the game lagging to 2 frames per second.

A true story was made by a famous book author, Iain Banks:

"It's all because I became a serial addict of the computer game 'Civilisation'," Banks said at this month's Edinburgh book festival. I played it for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD. It is very unprofessional of me. I had to ask for an extension for the first time, which made me feel just like I was a student again."

Yes...this game is THAT addictive. Don't even go close to it if you don't want to waste your life away. There's even an organization which help free people from "Civ Addiction"...One more turn...one more turn...geez! The videos on the site are super funny...

Suikoden V - What can beat my favourite RPG series of all time. Great story, great characters and...OK gameplay. Attack on Sun Palace is still ringing in my head.

Try a lot of other games as well...

Heroes V - A great game but annoying bugs spell its doom...Limited towns and creatures, annoying 3D world navigation made it difficult to spot treasure. I still ilke Heroes 3 more, but then this game is way better than 4 already.

The Movies - Ahhh...I think I spent more than 1 week playing this none stop. From the moment I woke up till I go to bed. It was damn addictive at the start and I even made 2 movies on my old (and did the voice dubbing) which was damn funny. Sadly, this game faces many issues, especially late games when the micro-management of all the stars became so frustrating...

Warcraft 3 - Ahh...I can never get warcraft 3 completely out of my life. However, the recent "disbanding" (spirtually and physically) of my "OYA" clan (Haiz...and I finally got promoted to Shaman position after 1 year with them) eventually leads to me losing interest in these game. Still, I enjoy watching WC3 replays as much as ever.

- Grubby is still, the undisputed Orc King and 1 of the top 3 warcraft players in the world.
- Moon is still godly and reigning over all with his supreme power of Night Elves. Seriously he is the only one that can beat Grubby.
- The "4 King" clans lead by Grubby and his 4 Kings 4K.Fury, 4K. Tod and 4K. Zeus and 4K. Fov still rule over Warcraft as the number 1 clan.
- SK Clan experts Sky, Deadman,Insomnia and the dreaded Sk.Sweet.....
- SK.Zacard...I still remember the castastrophic battle between him and Grubby at the WCG Finals...He lost in the end but really great battle.
- ċ¤İ王ĉ€ĉ‰‹ Gostop is still slaying the kings but losing to "no name" players...
- IGE.Remind and Lucifier are still battling over who's the King of Undead.
- Unorthodox players like Angry_Korea_Man are still using unorthodox methods.

Haha...nothing have changed in the WC3 scene after all these years, and I still enjoy watching their matches. Some legendary players have really retired...Madfrog (The former Undead King), Tillerman (He's a WC3 legend in 2003 already) and my favourite human play PerfumeWest are gone. Hope to see them play again some day.

Recently AMD Price Slashing - I was really attempted to upgrade my system. I mean...$459 processors dropping to $199?! Are you kidding me. A lot got more than 50% price cuts. Sadly the comments I got was that I shouldn't buy a system since I'm going into the army. I guess they're right...I swear I'm going to play a 18 Civilization World War one day.

No comments: