Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ode to Gallantry...

Yeh~Just finished reading the novel. This is the 2nd time I've read this novel, and I can now understand everything.

I've forgotten like 80% of the stuff since the last time I read it was like when I was Sec 3. Now re-read again, really 别有一番风味.

Basically, the story protaganist, Shi Po Tian life underwent a major transformation after he was mistook for a evil man that look similar to him. There's no "true villian" or "problem" in this story, so it's really interesting. How can a story like that be good?

It talks about how Shi Po Tian lost his dog Ah Huang and his mother. In a twist of luck, the prized "Xuan Tie Ling" was in his hands when he met the owner Xie Yan Ke. A relatively short story compare to another Jinyong works but I like it a lot. There are some very sweet portions, and some funny parts. My favourite is when Bai Wan Jian arrives to confront Shi Po Tian and he kept making comments on Wan Hua Zi.

I hate that ***** Ding Dang who killed Chi Jian. It's really like what they said, 令人发指! Even though Chi Jian is only a minor character that serves no purpose, the description of how Ding Dang killed her, took off her clothes and try to put it off as Shi Po Tian attempted to rape her and she suicides. That part just makes me hate the Ding Dang character to the core.

Written very well. Although it was not explicitly mentioned, Shi Po Tian finally managed to find out "Who I Am" at the end of the story.

No comments: