Friday, August 18, 2006

5 Months Of......Dilligent Work

Blink of an eye...and 5 months have passed since the internship. Will be enlisting in about 3 weeks. Decide to do a summary of what I did during the past 5 months, to make sure I didn't waste (or at least "completely waste") my time away.

1) The Bluff Game

First "real game" I did on my accord. Game development was stopped twice but still mangaged to complete it in the end. Very happy with the results. Learnt a lot experimenting with the AI and most importantly Java networking. Did this throughout from April all the way to August.

2) The Comedian Zone

Another important work I focus greatly on during July and August. First site I made completely using CSS positioning. Really learnt a lot about CSS and I think it thought me much more than the WWWP module...Thanks to a great collection of jokes and aspiration stories I saw on Hardware-zone and Gamefaqs forum.

3) "Relearning" PHP

More like "Learning from scratch" because IWED have taught me nuts about PHP. Manage to experiment with the Open source "phpBB 2.0". Programmed quite a number of navigation functions that is not found in the built in Dreamweaver behaviours. Now I actually understand what the hell the Dreamweaver code is doing instead of blindly using its function.

4) MySQL...Again.

Picked up a very good book on SQL from the library call "Crash course on SQL". No bullshit stuff like "History of SQL" and the boring crap. Straight to the point, very practical and easy to understand. Didn't manage to use the more complex stuff in the website though.I also learnt about this thing called "URL-encoding" which did a very good job of frustrating me for days...

5) Originalize My Games

Replace all the "Kope from Internet" graphics from my older games and replace them with "Programmer Art" by me...

6) Update my Portfolio

Basically update my portfolio site to be more presentable...

7) Freelance for MOE

Did 4 flash games in total for MOE...probably for the last time...hopefully the last time.

I really could have done more if I hadnt spent so much time slacking, but "all work and no play" sucks...Can't say I have "fully utilize" these 5 months, but I sure didn't waste them all. I learnt some new skills, refresh my older skills so they don't become rusty, and earned some money...Haha.

No comments: