Friday, April 06, 2007

Second Life 1 - The Start Of Second Life

This is a prelude (a short one cause I can't remember much anyway) to the "Poly Days" story , and basically a recount of my Secondary School Life.

Been wanted to write this since completing the Poly one, but I'm too "busy"... Now I'm too free so I might as well jot this down. Truthfully speaking, I don't remember much from secondary school days, but I'll guess I can try with the help of some "relics of the past"...

I joined Yishun Secondary in Jan 1999. I still remembered that when I first know about it... I wasn't very happy. If my memory doesn't fail me, that school was the "4th Choice" I made. (My first choice was Ahmad...Haha, but that one a bit too high for my standard)

I was more expecting to get into the Riverside one, cause it's much closer to my house. The main reason I hate it was because... I'm the ONLY person from my Primary class that got into that school (Which is EXACTLY what happened in Poly. Not a single person I know from my Sec school chose the same course as I did)

Was quite "depressed" at that point... don't know why. Aiya. 13 years old only. And then you have to leave the school you've been attending for 6 years... and not a single friend is with you. Can imagine the feeling. It's like the future is total darkness. LOL.

Hmm... That's all I remember before the school bell starts ringing...

I can still recall some fragments from my first Day of Secondary School. The teacher was talking about how "some people came to the wrong school cause they confuse Yishun Ring and Yishun". And then there's two persons with exactly the same name (Matthew) in my class which caused some joke at that point of them... One is a chinese and the other is... Urm... to be respectful, Indian.

No comments: