Monday, April 02, 2007

Bombarded With Games...

Last time is "no game to play". Now is "too many games to play".

Sometimes, I feel so stressed that I just don't play. LOL Cause sometimes it becomes a "chore"... well not really cause i enjoy the process, but I can't stop because I feel "obligated" to complete it.

Most recently was playing Romance Of Three Kingdoms 11. Woo. Freaking nice strategy game. And unfortunately, a very challenging one too. I took 5 weekdays and 1 weekend to complete all the 16 scenario challenges alone... Geez, and I haven't even started on a brand new game yet. I think this is one of the best iterations in the series (I've been playing since ROTK 4).

I love the challenge scenarios. There are lots of famous battles in history that you can played out, like "Lu Bu Versus 3 Brothers", "Battle of Red Cliff" etc... and there's even one "imaginary" scenario where you become the Emperor of Han and has to fight against Cao Cao, Yuan Shao, Dong Zhuo (all the rebels) to unite the entire China. That final scenario alone took me half a day.
Also loved the creativity of the developers by including famous generals that were not from that period of China. Mainly those from Chu-Han period like Xiang Yu, Liu Bang, Han Xin, Xiao He. (Love the history of that war ever since I watch the drama)

Before ROTK 11, I was playing FF12. Still playing, but haven't complete. Before that, I just completed Company of Heroes. And then I played Black and White 2 and Stronghold Legends halfway alone. No motivation to continue.

I'm still waiting for the darn Medieval 2 patch to come out to fix all the broken crap.

Civilization 4 expansion (Beyond The Sword) is finally announced. Schedule to arrive in July I think. Gonna be a blast.

And then my friends are trying to get me to play Command and Conquer 3, but I have no interested in those kind of strategy games...

And of course Warcraft III is STILL up there on my playing list. (It's the longest running game in my life...2002 to 2007) I just don't play that often now as my clan is basically dead. I wonder where the hell everyone went to. Sometimes during weekend when I'm lucky enough, We'll be able to get enough people together for an awesome inhouse.

As for the upcoming ones...I'm not really looking forward to much games in 2007. PS2 is basically out of the question (no more games coming). PC... besides Civ 4 expansion, I'm only interested in Spore.

No comments: