Sunday, April 08, 2007

Second Life 3 - Towards The Big O

Last Chapter, Upper Secondary:

Maths - My maths improved a lot from the lower secondary. Got a lot of help from my friends like Matthew, Eric and Chang Hua (Some of the best students in our class). Eric and me will always be in the "Studying Corner" after classes end to "chiong" finish our Maths homework, instead of going home. We'll also like do as much as we can in between classes, then we'll compete with each others to see by the end of the day, who completed their homework first. Fun times.

My maths teacher's also my form teacher, Mr Lee. He's a really nice person, but I found his teaching methods... hard to grasp. A lot of my maths understanding come from self studying and discussing with my friends. Topic I hate most is the Integration crap... and oh yeah. The "Prove trigonometry" kind of questions in A Maths.

Chinese - It's one of my favourite lessons during that time, cause it's like...a period for u to have fun! LOL. Especially during Sec 4, almost every lesson will be done in the computer lab. Some lessons still left a deep impression on me, like the "Lei Yu" (Lightning Rain) one. The main character got struck my lightning. "Zhu Lao Shi"~

English - My English also improved a lot during upper secondary. Greatest reason due to my teacher. She'll hold non compulsory extra classes after school to help those weaker, and I always go and attend the lessons. Haha. My weakness portion is the Oral one... where you had to see a picture and talk about it. That one I am really super "Lao Ya", so she did a lot of practice on it. In the end I got a B3 for O Level! LOL...Not bad lah.

Geography / Social Studies - I kind of regretted picking Geography (even though I did very well), cause it's so...boring. We're studying stuffs like what Green Revolution, and at how many meters you should plant coffee trees -_-. WTF. Totally useless stuff. I enjoyed Social Studies though. I love the "I agree to a certain extend" thing. We're actually the first batch under that system. I totally mastered how to score points when answering those kind of questions.

Chemistry - I don't like this subject, especially the Practical. I just cannot do the QA thing well. And I hate it when your calculation for the first question screws up, all the other questions will be wrong. Anyway, Ms Lai "pyscho" a lot of people to go into Food/Chemical engineering in the Poly, saying like what its the "next big thing"and crap... In fact, ALL the top students from my class either went to the JC or went to study chemical in Poly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After O Levels - Didn't really keep in contact with my Secondary School friends after graduation, except a few ones that were closer to me. (In MSN, Haha) Didn't really go out with them or what... We did hold one gathering back in June 2005 (About half the class attend, which was great!). That was the last time I saw a bunch of them. Haha.

No comments: