Friday, June 26, 2009

Super Nostalgia (From A Singaporean Boy Born In 1986)

What childhood memories do you have as a Singaporean Child born in the 80s?

You might be familiar with most of the things below...

...

...

Food + "Mama" Shop


Where have all the A&W gone?



The "Super Lemon"!

Anyone remember the name of the sweet that can change the colour of your tongue? Haha!



Blowing bubbles at 10 cents per pack...



OMG! I buy this like EVERY day during Primary school for the toy inside... LOL. 50 cents.



Everybody favourite 10 cents tidbits.. Best when combined with...



My 10 cents "Seng Bao"!

...

...

In School!


Which 80s kid haven't use one of these before?
In fact, I couldn't bear to use them...


Or read one of these books? Smartie... LOL.



One of my favourite games during my "20 minutes" recess break...



Played one of these waterguns?

...

...

Time To Study!!!


Everyone favourite PETS textbook!
I spent like more time finding the animals then reading the book. :P



What? What "Hao Er Tong". Where is my "Hao Gong Min"!!!



OMG... Are they still learning this in primary school?!



"Young Zoologist", "Young Botanist"...
Still remember there's this little book,
where you have to do all the "assignment" to get points...
All that for a badge...

Eww... we sure were dumb when we were kids...

...

...

Every Kid Nightmare...


Every parent "weapon of death"...

Some may choose to use its variation...



Noooooooo!!!

...

...

Games! Games! Games!


Old Maid, Donkey, Happy Family, "Fei Ji Qi" (Aeroplane Chess), Digimon, Tamagochi...



Nothing beats my old school "Snakes & Ladders" and "Pick Up Sticks!"

Still remember when you were at 99, then you throw a 6, move back and down the ladder? O_o



My first ever handheld console, The Gameboy!



The Rubberband Skipping Rope for the budget people!

...

...

Old School Singapore


Classic Letterbox!



This is what I call a real "Playground"! We need sand!

Nowadays kids so good life... got all those rubber ground...



Can you still find this kind of phone in singapore?
Super dirty... Yuck...



MRT Card!!! It owns EZ Link lor...

...

...

Alright... It's time to end this post...

Of course, I need something of greater impact.

...

Something that EVERY Singaporean born in the 80s can relate to...


Something everyone of you have been through before...

...

Something that all of us have done before...


What can it be?


What is it...


...


...


...

I GOT IT!!!

...



...



You MUST have did this workout at sometime in your life!

Haha...

COME ON!

Get on your feet!!!

It's SINGAPORE~~~

SINGAPORE~~~

WORKOUT TIME~~~!!!


Let's do it again!

All the "toilet flushing" action...

All the "1,2,3,4, clap clap!" crap...



Now that's what I call CLASSIC.

That's what I call OLD SCHOOL.


...

...

(I still can't believe we had to do this retarded workout years ago...=_=)



HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR WORKOUT!

AND THIS POST!


No comments: