Saturday, August 15, 2009

NTU Y2S1, Week 1 In Review

WOW.

It's been more than 4 months since I last wrote a "week in review" post...

The feeling is really...erm... "distant yet familiar"...

It's one thing to break 1 month in December... but it's an entirely different experience to go on break for 3 months...

I'm totally not back in the study mood yet...

One, I still haven't finalize on what modules to take this semester yet...

And two, my video card just went up in flames... I mean fail on me. (More on this in the next post)

...

...

Other than that, nothing really interesting took place this week...

So I guess I'll just end my post here.

...

...

...

...

...

Oh wait.

Went to "BFC hostel" during one long break... with the intention of playing Citadels (A card game)...

But before we could get the game started, Joanne just chiong in the room out of nowhere and forced all of us to play Mahjong...

...

...

Hmm... thinking about it now...

I've been having this "strange affinity" with Mahjong lately...



First time was back around 2 weeks ago.

I went out with the K9 people, and the plan was to "look look see see and shop shop"...

But then after a while, everyone is like 'super sian' and just stopped walking altogether... then come out the Mahjong suggestion. So, we all went to Refrigerator house to play Mahjong...

That was the first time in nearly a year that I play Mahjong in real life (Since Temasek Club), and it's the first time I played with money...

My "Lesson Fees"?

$1. Heh... That's really lucky considering that they're all supposedly quite pro...




2nd time... Just 1 day before school start...

Went to attend Wei Lun chalet... say is say want to BBQ...

But as more and more people arrive...

And as night approaches...

The entire place TRANSFORMED into a gambling den.

2 Mahjong Tables + 1 Blackjack Table.

=.=

Once again kanna pull in to play with them...

But this time, I won $3.50! LOL~ Thanks Edmund!

Actually should be lose de... but Wee Wee helped me spot a "4 tai ping hu" that I nearly missed... Haha.




Hmm... As for the third time at the hostel...

I guess I won a "slightly more substantial amount"...

But seriously, I'm really not good at Mahjong.

I'm really bad at seeing certain combinations, particularly those that involves a lot of sequence overlapping each other.

Example, if you give me something like 122334456, I think I need about 5 minutes to figure out what tiles I'm waiting for. LOL...

That's all I can say... I am a newbie. O_O

Don't bully newbie.

:(


No comments: