Sunday, August 23, 2009

3D Studio Max!

Wow... It's been like 5 years or something since I last touched this software...




It's crazy... they're churning out versions after versions every year.

Still remember in 2003, I was using 3D Max Version 5.

Now in 2009, they're already at "3D Max 2010"...

If you don't know, you might think there's only like 5 revision since then...

...

But I looked up Wikipedia...

5 -> 6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9 -> 2008 -> 2009 -> 2010

I've checked out the dates, some have development cycle as short as 6 months from each other.

My guess is this:

When they reached "3D Max 9", they figured that at the rate it's going, they will reach "3D Max 20" within 5 years...

And their evil scheme to leech money from the consumers will be exposed.

So they decided revamp the naming scheme.


No comments: