Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Yes Man!

Should you watch this movie?

I won't say Yes. And I won't say No.

I'll say, "Maybe".

Yes Man


Plot

Carl is an anti-social, somewhat loner guy that says "No" to basically everything. And his life is in a mess because of it.

He later attended a seminar, joining this programme where he has to say "Yes" to everything...

Saying "Yes" always lead to an opportunity. And indeed it landed him lots of opportunities, and lot of troubles at the same time.


Where Are My Subtitles?!

One big complain I have...

It has NO SUBTITLES!

Nooooooooo!

This is a personal habit of mine...

May sounds weird to you, but I'm sure some people can relate to it...

When I watch Mandarin show, I look at the English subtitles. When I watch English show, I look at the Chinese subtitles.

And this one has none! Neither English or Chinese.

Sucks man... I think it greatly reduced my enjoyment of the movie.

This is like the FIRST MOVIE I watched on the big screen WITHOUT any form of subtitles. This is totally unexpected lah...


Summary

As a result, I think I probably didn't catch some of the more "language-related" jokes in the movie... I need subtitles to "co-relate" the visuals and what is spoken - When they speak too fast or too "slang", I tend to miss out on what they're saying.

Anyway... the whole movie is not bad... I like Jim Carrey. I like the Female Lead. The story makes sense. Might have given it 3 if they provide the damn subtitles... -_-

I can kind of relate to the main character, cause I used to be someone like that. (Not so extreme as him, but kind of) I should really start saying "Yes!" to more things...

...

NOT BECAUSE I HAVE TO.

...

BUT BECAUSE I WANT TO.


Rating: 2.5/5
(Not Bad, but not spectacular either. The best it gets is a definite maybe.)

No comments: