Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Oh my god!

Introducing THE WORST "End of the World" film I ever saw...

Tada!

The Day The Earth Stood Still


Plot

A large sphere falls onto Earth.

An Alien appears.

The Alien want to destroy humankind.

The female lead persuade the Alien not to.

The Alien decides not to.

The Alien leaves the earth.

Summary

Yes, this is without a doubt the worst "end of the world" film I ever ever saw.

I don't expect it to be better than "Armageddon", but neither did I expect it to be so horrendous.

The STORYLINE absolutely sucks. The "emo" scenes made me feel like sleeping. I feel absolutely no connection with any of the characters.

You THOUGHT it would get better, but this 140 minutes long film just spells BORING from start to end.

Everytime you feel that the plot is going to pick up pace, it slows down again.

Everytime you think something exciting is about to happen, you are granted with disappointment.

The most important element of the movie, the story, is flawed and incoherent. The characters are just boring and irrelevant. Even the best part of the movie, the graphics, are just passable. (Given that it is a sci-fiction)

Seriously, this is ONE BORING thrash.

I don't recall any other movie this year that made me feels like falling asleep more than this.

If you haven't watch this, don't waste your money - Save yourself from the agony.

...

...

The Day the Earth stood still indeed.

This movie really made me "stood still" alright.

...

Rating: 1.5/5
(Candidate for the worst movie of year 2008)

No comments: