Wednesday, October 15, 2008

S.H.E 11th Album Review!

Finally get the chance to add the 11th Album to my collection...



As for this new album... well... I think I might as well just post a screen-shot of my player. Sums up everything.



It certainly isn't their worst album, but it's far from being the best. There isn't really any "groundbreaking" songs (meaning those that I really really like a lot) here. Instead, they try to make it up with more quantity (12 compared to the usual 10).

Then, even after 1 month, most of the songs still fail to sound appealing to me. Luckily, there isn't any "super jia-lat" song this time, which is usually the case.



A lot of the potential good songs got kind of ruined for some weird reasons...

店小二
I really like the chorus lyrics of this song, especially this part. "借酒消愁又如何, 三杯下肚就忘了, 等清醒后又记得, 何必呢".

Alas! I find the verse of this song quite crap. No melody, some weirdly placed tunes. (Especially this part, "一杯又一杯 你再喝"), some weird lyrics ("等到立地成佛", Simi sai? Is this a joke?)

Overall, it just brings the whole song down. The verse feels totally disconnected from the chorus.


沿海公路的出口
What is "倘若说放一次手 就像咳一个嗽"? What's the link? Why must it be "就像咳一个嗽"?
Nearly everything would have been much better.

"倘若说放一次手" is such a good start, but I don't know why they want to add "就像咳一个嗽" behind... It sounds really weird to me. Anyway, still a very nice song.


女孩当自强
This is actually a pretty cool song! Oriental Flavour (中国风), Huang Fei Hong, perfect combination. I really like the style of the chorus.

But you know what? They have to ruin it by advertising some product known as "Top Girl" inside this song. What the hell?!Why Why Why Why Why!

Why must there be some "Top Girl" line in this song? It is totally out of place in this song, and there is no meaning in it. They should just KEEP everything in Mandarin.

No comments: