Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rediscovering Facebook after 1 Year...

Yesterday or so, I was browsing my email when I saw one about someone tagging me on Facebook wall...

...

Facebook?

... Wow, almost forgot I actually had an account there.

...

One which I created up about 1 year ago...

...

And have never login since.

Haha.

I did wrote a post about why I hated Facebook so much back then.



Well, little did I expect that somehow, 1 year later, Firefox STILL remembers my facebook password... Don't ask me how it does. Perhaps this is why Firefox is so amazing.

So yesterday I went back and mess around with the site.

And well. This time round, I'll take back what I said 1 year ago... .... a little. Those social profiling site aren't all evil.

I think the best thing about it is that it allows you to find even friends from "long long ago", if you want. You can easily find your primary school, even kindergarten friends (if you remember them) if they have catch on the fad. You can even find friends you've lost contact for 10 years provided they are signed up as well.

...

Secondly, it groups your friend together into neat and tidy list. This is different from just "MSN". MSN is just crap. You open and you see a bunch of text. Unless you patiently nicknamed every single one (which makes you unable to see their profile message), you're unlikely to recognize more than those you frequently chat with.

In those profile websites, you can not only see their faces, but get an idea of what they've been up to lately! I guess it's a great way to pass time when you're free, browsing through all your friends profiles.

Best of all, I manage to locate some super rare photos after browsing around for just 30 minutes yesterday. Wahahaha...



All that aside, I am still finding a way to eliminate the bad points of facebook (clutter and spam), while still continuing to enjoy its benefits. I'm still familiarizing with those customization and stuffs...

I will not accept any invitations of crap like "poke me" or "counterstrike" applications. I am going to remove all the side panels and whatever panels that is cluttering the whole page. I think "The Wall" will just suffice.

Can someone teach me how to stop Facebook from sending you notification like "Friend A has poke Friend B", "Friend C has become a vampire", "Friend D wants you to put you up for sale" etc, etc... kind of messages?

I still find it really POINTLESS.

No comments: