Sunday, October 19, 2008

Geraint Birthday Gathering...

17th October 2008

Just nice... E-Learning for 101 today, so I was able to leave earlier and join the gang at Karl's new Condo.

Meet up with Jia Yun and Kenny before taking a bus to there. It was sort of like an "eye opener"... first time I see a lift which is designed in such a way that it stops directly in front of your house... Maybe this design is actually very common and I am too "Sua Gu"... need to visit more condo apartments...

Went swimming with the gang (Geraint, Karl, Kenny, Jia Yun & Leon)~ and we did some super lame and childish things... things that I think no "ordinary" 20 year olds would do.

E.G: Running in circles continuously in the jacuzzi to produce a "whirlpool" effect, taking photos in some "strange" positions... -_-

Wei Long didn't join in cause he wasn't feeling well. Benjamin didn't join in too as Yun Zhen wasn't there.

...

Lots of fun playing with the dog Scooter. He's so friendly and cute, and he'll response to everyone, even total strangers. Only thing is he likes to hump people. Hahaha... Left the place at around 7 for the dinner at Mayim, a Chinese Restaurant (Karl called it the "Budget Crystal Jade")



Participants (14): Geraint, Karl, Kenny, Wei Long, Jia Yun, Benjamin, Leon, Edmund, Edwin, Jansen, Samuel, Nigel, Danesh and myself.

The Food

Basically, all of us ordered our own dish and share a couple of others. I think the best of all is the Golden Shrimps dish... It's really golden, and the price is really golden too. Worth its price.

The "healthy venison" wasn't that good... I guess "healthy" food just doesn't taste as good as "unhealthy ones"... "Xiao Long Bao" was alright, but I think eat too much will get sick of it... The waitress was quite stun at the number of "crates" we ordered.

Some funny stuff... when we were ordering the drinks, Samuel said, "I want an Ice English Tea with Milk".

At that moment, I was wondering, "what the hell is that?"

...

Turns out to be "Teh Bing"... -_-, but that's really what is written on the menu.

So, next time you wanna act "high class" or "angmoh" at the coffee shop, tell the uncle you want an "Ice English Tea with Milk". Hahaha...



Most of their topics revolved around the Kindergarten, so I'm kind of like just "listening and enjoying their conversation": The new life there, the new people there. And what has(or hasn't) changed.

Actually, it's only been a little over 2 months since I left, but it seems like ages. Our time is over... it's time for the new generation to take up their weapons and fight for themselves. Wahahaha...

...

Nigel is having way too much fun with the dry ice... and Jansen. The effects they create looks a lot like The Undertaker's entrance. I think they're trying to destroy all their utensils. Karl made another lame comment, saying we should do that at "where they stand" so that other people can't see them... -_-



Dinner ended at around 10pm...

I really wanted to go home, but Karl kept pressuring me to go Geraint house with all sort of reasons. In the end, he actually made me feel guilty if I don't go. -_-

At Geraint House...


Mainly playing Rock Band 2 throughout with them, which was quite fun. It's your typical "hit the keys to match the notes" music game, except that you're really playing the instrument instead of using a controller.

Nigel managed to cleared 1 song on expert using the microphone! Other then that, he was mostly on the drums while Edmund, Karl and me took turns with the 2 guitars.

I was quite newb with the game so I just kept playing the guitar on easy (3 notes), which is totally no kick. I can't move up to 4 notes, because then my hand coordination will screw up and cause the band to lose. Haha...

Our "agreement" was to leave at 12pm, but Nigel got so addicted to the game that he didn't want to leave. He just kept sniffing his "nose clearing" device and hitting the drums... -_-

So nevermind, we decide to watch a "horror movie" while leaving him and Samuel in the room to play. The movie is really quite crap... will talk about it later...

In the end, we were all just like waiting for each other to go home until around 2am I think...

Concussed upon home... slept until mid noon...

No comments: