Friday, June 06, 2008

June Graduation Dinner

What an insane yet emotional dinner it was... for me at least. It marks the end of a chapter in the school's history... and for me, it's a lot of mixed feelings...

On one hand, I felt the joyousness of the June guys. On the other, the melancholy mood of the guys that will continue their journey at the school... I'm like mixed in between the 2 of them. I don't know which side I'm actually on. I'm confused - I'm delighted yet miserable, I'm excited yet indifferent at the same time. It's crazy...

Over 15 months ago, all of us enrolled into the Kindergarten together. We've really been through a lot, through the good and the bad times. We've seen batch after batch joined us in this long and arduous journey. We've seen not only the changes of the school, but also the changes of the people around us.

Now, I shall be frank - I don't like everyone at the Kindergarten. There are some people that I just dislike. There are some whom behaviour I simply can't approve of. There are some that I simply just can't get along with. And It's not just me. I'm sure everyone have someone they dislike at the school. Like I mentioned in the post about relations though, your "working relations" does NOT NECESSARY affect your personal relationships with them as friends. However, many times, your working attitude CAN AND WILL affect your personal relations...

Then again...

...

On this night, it doesn't matter.

On this night, we came together to celebrate the graduation of our friends and our peers.

We came together to witness a group of people moved from the present to the past, into the historical pages of the school.

People from all different batches have gathered to mark this historic milestone.

...

This is the biggest gathering we ever had, and probably ever will have. I find it hard to believe that we will ever have so many people come out together again...

Participants includes: (The Past) Jun Xian, Mun Wei, Zhi Hao, Baxter, Wei Qi, Yao Peng, Charleston, Anthony, (Present) Me, Wei Hao, Jonathan, You Long, Joseph <+ GF> , Soon Kiat, Edwin, Shi Hao, Yun Zhen, Jansen, Benjamin, (Future) Karl, Geraint, Leon, Wei Long, Jason...

It's havoc.We were making so much noise and attracting so much attention that I'm worried that police might come. -_- We looked like we're having some kind of illegal activity.

The meal was great (but a little scarce), and it was just great to see so many people came. Almost everyone that "can be there" were there, except for a few that "fly aeroplane" and some that had to go for their "lessons". The photo taking sessions was the real highlight. We group the people into every possible categories and took photos after photos after photos. SK was the super-joker of the night with all his hilarious poses and him trying to "get involve into every single photo".

As night falls and everyone started to disperse, I really wonder if we'll ever see the June guys again. Yeah yeah... we say "next graduation" have another gathering again, but is it really possible? Hopefully bah~ (Karl already "invited" us to send him off when he's leaving Singapore...)

For the June guys... enjoy your victory.

Some words from me...

Wei Qi - The "enmity" between us cannot be resolved right now.. I don't know when or how it got started, but everytime I see you I'm damn pissed off. Always say sarcastic 风凉话 to me only... Only time can heal the deep wounds you have inflicted on me, and the hatred I bear towards you...

Jun Xian (Soh) - "Experience is the worst teacher; it gives the test before presenting the lesson." Yes... I will remember the 2 "examinations" we took together for a long long time. The "Mid Autumn" night, and of course the "T3 Decision"... and I will definitely remember the "lessons" you have taught me.

Zhi Hao - If YZ is the god, then you are the deity. I will remember you as the one that graduated 1 month earlier than you're supposed to graduate...

Baxter - Stop mixing "Ice Milo + Coke"... It freaks me out. Your "Smallville" will forever be remembered as the official series of the school.

Yao Peng - Like SK said... our taxi fares jumped from $4 to $6 after your left... Haha...take care. Let's meet up for lunch at 768 sometimes.

Charleston - No more "Eh tuck in your shirt!" crap anymore... LOL. Remember to jio us play DOTA~

Anthony - Really thanks a lot for the DVD! I think you did an awesome job. I've looked through it... and it brought back so much memories - back when we were still "ultra newbie" times... and now we all have/are going to graduate. We wouldn't have this important piece of memory without you effort. Take care~

Some of them will continue schooling, others have started working or even became their own boss...

Some will continue to "zuo bo" for some...

Whatever they decide to do, I sincerely wish them all the best~

Till we see each others again...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wii Party Late Mystery?

Wii Party Group (WPG) - Consists of Leon, Karl, Geraint, Charleston, Wei Long, Benjamin and myself.

Wah Lau... the dinner is supposedly to start at 7pm, and somehow all of them blamed me for making the WPG for arriving late. -_- What the...?

Basically we went to Karl house first for him to wash up (Scooty and Tiny) before heading off to Geraint house for the Wii Party!

Watched Dead Silence (pretty good horror movie), played Wii Tennis, Wii Golf, Wariosmooth until we "forgot" the time...

At first, we wanted to leave at like 6pm. Unfortunately, we played the Golf (Ben, Charleston, Me) until a little past 6. Then Geraint wanted to show us the "Wario" game...

He said it's very fast and takes like only a few minutes, but after he "demonstrated" once all of us wanted to try the game.

At this point, I said "Aiya... go so early also no use. It's like Chinese Wedding Dinner, go early also wait nia..."

And so... we decided to play a "few more rounds" until it's like 6:30pm... And then, THEY decided to play the Wario Darts, which I DID NOT participate in...

It's them that keep busting the scores and had to throw again and again. LOL. So how can I be held fully accountable for WPG arriving late?

And what's more, Wei Long is busy "programming his Window Vista" according to Karl... LOL! That was like most random comment of the day.

In the end, we became one of the last group of arrived for the dinner...

No comments: