Friday, June 13, 2008

Dentist + PC Show + Kungfu Panda!

Been a long long day... really tired. Lucky I got a "long weekend".

1) Dentist Visit

Morning, went to visit the dentist with Johnny... and burn a BIG hole in my pocket. Share a cab there, but forgot to exchange for the entry tickets. In the end, have to make a big U-turn to get the entry tickets. What's more, have to endure the taxi driver attitude problem. Most funny was when we tried to use our Kindergarten pass to gain entrance... Haha. I think we've been "trapped" for so long that our mentality is that the Kindergarten pass will get us anywhere.

Going back home that time, suddenly heavy downpour... Take cab again to go out!!! Wah Lau... all my red notes gone liao lor...

Both of us got a good "lobang" after the dentist visit, so we called a book an appointment to get rid of our "knowledgeable tooth". The booking process was quite funny, especially when Johnny called 2nd time to get a "better appointment date".

2) PC Show

Went out in the afternoon with Rex to help him in selecting a laptop.

As for me, I just wanted to look around, learn more about laptops as I help him to select from the various models. Hopefully this experience can help when I actually get one for myself later on. My 2nd aim was of course to get a digicam. Originally wanted to get it at the show, but think Charleston got some "lobang" on this... so I'll just trust him... haha.

As for Rex one, he brought the F8SN in the end (I strongly recommend to him base on Glenn recommendation)... haha. Lots of free gifts sia...

3) Kungfu Panda

Evening, went to watch Kungfu Panda with Charleston!

Awesome show man, and that's a rare comment from someone that don't really like Animation.

I'll give it a solid 4 stars for its incredible animation, awesome fighting scenes and hilarious comedy sequences. It's an enjoyable experience right from the start to the end.

Basically, the storyline is based on the same "never gets old" solid formula. A "untalented and useless" main character undergo training to become the greatest hero, and defeat the evil guy.

From the tortoise, the shifu (I'm not sure what animal it is... mouse?), to the 5 heroes and even Tai Lung; Each one is unique and special. There are so many scenes I love in the movie. Here are my top 3:

- Tai Lung escape from the Prison (Best1000 arrows raining)
- Tai Lung VS 5 Heroes (Superb fighting scene and music!)
- Panda VS Shifu (Godly chopstick battle)



So, what's missing? As you can see, I didn't mention the last battle. As good as it is, I don't think it stands up to the 3 battles I mentioned above.

Personally, I felt it was too comedic. The battle before the last, Shifu Vs Tai Lung, gives a darker and gloomy feel. After the Panda appears, it switch to an entirely different atmosphere, which I felt wasn't a good thing.

It's the FINALE. It is the final clash between good and evil, and they decide to make it out to be some sort of joke. Tai Lung lost all his "evil awesomeness" at the end, and became a "laughing stock". He gets sits on by the Panda, bites his own tails and gets tossed around like some thrash. It kind of ruin the amazing image he built up all the way till the 2nd last battle.

In my own opinion, the final battle could have been way way better. It should be a "ultimate fight between good and evil", not "a hilarious thrashing". I admit it is funny, but it ruins the ending fight at the same time.

Some other things...

- Why Shifu didn't use his "little finger tapping" ultimate against Tai Lung?
- How tortoise died (too old?)? He manage to defeat Tai Lung in 3 strokes leh... damn power.
- Tai Lung "acupuncture freezing" skill doesn't work on Panda because he's too fat? A bit forced leh... -_-
- What's up with the dragon scroll... a bit no link... -_-

Anyway... overall I would say this very entertaining movie is definitely worth your money. Suitable for ages 6 to 60.

Oh yeah, I love the twist at the end... when Shifu slowly closes his eyes and says he's finally having peace...

P.S: This show kind of reminds me of "WOW Tales of the Past 3"...

No comments: