Sunday, June 03, 2007

Zhi Wei's 21st Birthday Gathering

2nd June 2007...

Originally wanted to go early one...but no transportation. Anyway, I eventually decide to meet Ken and gang at Pasir Ris...

Man... what a nightmare. Once again seeing the "White Sands" shopping center. The all too familiar "Interchange to Hell"... I still remember it so vividly like it's yesterday. I almost got the "booking in" feeling... Hard to imagine that's already 6 months ago.

The scenery, the surroundings... just give me the creeps. The only thing that save me is that it doesn't fall on a Sunday. I still remember last time. When Sunday afternoon time arrives (3pm), my mood will immediately take a dive... and hit rock bottom at around 8pm.

Well...well...anyway, that's ALL IN THE PAST! And I am so relived that I'm BACK IN REALITY. And reality is I am a FREE man now. (Well, not totally...yet. But at least better than the past)

Alright...back to the birthday. We arrived just in time to sing the birthday song for Zhi Wei. Haha. Anyway, it's good to see the old friends again... even though the things we do is a little... lame.

Congrats Ben for the one year anniversary, and the "soon to come" Xuan Jie and Glenn. And of course, Xuan Jie is getting the Kit Kat soon? Let's give our hands to PC Chew! (aka PCC!) Also seen Ken, Xinting, Yiwen, Mengzhi (3 Stripe-per that sleeps everyday), Waicheng, Samantha. Some whom I totally never seen since the Poly times.

As for the things we do... we played "Card games". The first is one where everyone attempts to get a Straight by exchange cards. After that, we must subtly place our index finger above our mouth... The last one to realize it will lose. -_-

Next is a "Calculation Game". Basically, 4 cards are randomly chosen, and you have to attempt to add, minus, multiply, divide them in any order to get 24. A very interesting game, but can be a huge headache, especially when everyone else got it. But no matter how hard you try, you can't figure it out. I think there's some special technique to this game. Like to get the "factors" of 24. Or try removing a card (For example, a 10 - 5 = 5, and you get rid of the 10). Or try grouping the cards together to form 2 numbers. I think the people around us are all like "WTF is wrong with these group of strange people... sitting in a circle and staring at 4 cards".

Yah. That's basically all we did. -_-... A bit lame. They went to Cage after that but I decided not to go. Tiring activity.

No comments: