Sunday, February 07, 2010

S.H.E Is The One


I used to be able to recite every single line of every single one of their songs (even those extremely 'ulu track 9s & 10s'). I listened to the albums so many times that I can identify what song it is within the first 3 seconds, and tell you which album it's from together with its track number.



Nowadays (past 2 years), I really haven't listen to their songs as much.

Maybe it's due to the advancement of technology (Discman to MP3 players).

Maybe it's just me growing older.

I no longer has that much passion. I guess you start to grow out of the "Idol Chasing" phase as you move into adulthood.

But hey, that doesn't mean I don't support them anymore.

I still buy their albums, I still watch their shows. Just that I don't go to stuff like autograph sessions or buy every little thing relate to them anymore.

...

...

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think I can deny that their music is indeed going downhill. Their last album, "FM S.H.E", is definately heading in the wrong direction.

Think of their music quality as a bell curve.



Personally, I believed they've already reached the highest point of their music career, and is now on the "right side" of that curve.

And not only for them, but for almost all the singers from that time. (2000s)

Jay Chou is now your typical "2 or 3 very nice songs, the rest are crap/fillers" kind of album. IMHO, he should just guai guai concentrate on his music career and stop wasting his life on making crappy movies.

Jolin... I don't even want to comment. Her music is absolutely garbage right now. Go go brother, Go go sister? Go your dua tao lah.

JJ Lin... no matter how hard he try, his "100 days" is just a shadow of his glorious "1000 years" time...

Sun Yan Zi... is she still even making any albums?

Liang Jing Ru is still the best out there... but even the "Goddess of Melancholy Love Songs" is getting married liao...




Gradually, they're handling the torch (or losing the torch) to the "newcomers"... I guess it's the same for every generation bah.

Just like the previous generation hand the torch to them, they're slowly being overtaken by the next generation of artistes.

Soon, they'll be releasing albums only like once every 2 or 3 years, then maybe 5 years come out 1 compilation like that.




Ah...

Anyway, about their concert... ...

It's been more than 3 years!

It was really a last minute decision this time.

And the ticket inflation is crazy.



I need to start "revising" their songs...


No comments: