Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Johor & Bahru

In my whole life, I've had 2 pets. For now, I'll name them "Johor" & "Bahru".

Yesterday marks the last day I brought Bahru out for a "outing", as I handed him over to his new owner today. Hahaha...

Isn't life a strange thing...

Let's see - Johor was my first pet, and I've been keeping him for a long time. Frankly speaking, I'm very glad to have him. He's easy to take care, easy to control, easy to maintain. Of course, he's not without his demerit. He likes to dash at every single pillar, every single tree. He's crazy about balls, and he likes to fight. (but it's nothing that I couldn't control)

I took him for about 8 months long, before he was "forcefully taken" away from me. That was such an irrational decision back then. I don't want to go back to that anymore since it's in the past, but I really wasn't very happy (that's putting it in a nice way) when he was taken away. But what can I do?

...

And so came Mr Bahru. Again, I took him for around 8 to 9 months. At first, I didn't think too badly of him. He's likes to show his affection, he's generally obedient during serious business. Unfortunately, his "natural-born physical deficiency" made him one of the worst pet you can get. The key difference is that I can control Johor bad points, but there is not a single ****I can do about Bahru bad points.

Deep down, I know it's not his fault that he's borned this way... I've tried treating him with every possible means. I consulted the vet, I consulted the experts, I changed his diet, I gave him medicine...

But all those are just temporary solutions. It doesn't solve the root of the problem. After the medicine is finished, he just go back to his old self. Haiz... and it is this problem that really give me a big headache.

It's one thing when he "do it" at his house. It's another when he "do it" outside, especially on "public areas". You have to go experience it to really understand the pain. I can only describe it as torturous and disastrous. Just imagine...

You're tired, you're shagged out, and now you have this huge mess to clear. Worst, everyone around is like "OMFG! WTF?!" and you have to endure the absolute embarrassment...

It's not just once or twice. It happens again and again and again... I've lost count. Even though by By now, I can generally observe his actions and know when it is "coming", but it isn't 100% proof. What's more, it's an extra thing to worry about. It just stress and tires you out even more.

...

Anyway. It's all over now. I've already done all I can, and now Johor is back to me. Hopefully, Bahru will be happier with his new owner.

And for the new owner.

...

Just pray.

...

Just pray that his illness will one day be miraculously healed.

...

I give you my blessings.

No comments: