Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I got Silver! And it's not an April Fool joke!

When an important date falls on April Fool, it's probably a bad sign of things to come. But this time, I manage to overcome all adversities and grabbed the grand prize. Even I couldn't believe it.

It's miracle plus godsend luck. It's undying determination plus immense moral support.

For this silver, I exhausted all my energy.

For this silver, I almost puke my lungs out.

For this silver, I nearly lost my life.

...

Haha... that's not an exaggeration. Anyway, here are the results. It's probably the best I can get. I gave my 100% and possibly even 110%. Definitely exceed my limits already. I don't think I can possibly perform any better.

Shuttle Run: 10.0 sec (5)
Chin Up: 9 times (3)
SBJ: 225cm (3)
Sit Up: 40 times (5)
2.4KM: 11: 36min (3)

Total: 19 Points

Anyway, I think I should thank the person that help me achieve this, Mr Chua, either directly or indirectly.

Personally, I went to this IPPT with the sole purpose of getting a pass. I just want to pass. After the static, I got silver score for all except SBJ. Then I saw him attempting the SBJ, so I decided to retake it together with him.

I know I can get 3 points for this station cause I've did it before. And I did after many many tries~

After that, went to check the score and realize I got silver grade for all. That means I only need to run a silver timing for 2.4km...

But how's that possible when I can barely pass? I'll be lucky enough to get below 12:20, much less 11:40. I don't even want to consider that possibility.

...

Anyway, Mr Chua encouraged me to give it a shot. Well, if I aim for a silver that means I'm aiming for a pass also. So why not?

Beep beep~!

The run begins...

He is really fast. I still can keep pace at the beginning, but start to feel like throwing up about halfway through the first round. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's due to the lack of sleep last night (...), maybe it's something I eat, maybe it's the extreme pressure. I don't know. Every breath I took makes me feel like puking.

So anyway, I tried to shift my thoughts and focus. I just follow what he says - keep on regulating my breath, continuing to push myself forward, trying to get the thoughts to give up out of my mind. Just persevere...

I shot pass the first round at 6min 16 sec from what I remembered... and I just kept going and going. At one point I thought of just stopping but somehow I still manage to run right behind him. He just kept shouting and rambling for me to run. LOL.

Last part was deadly... The turn into the carpark area, and already at 10min. I'm really at my limit. My stomach keep constricting... My mind is going blank. I can barely catch my breath.

Last dash to finish line. He basically count out every second.

"25... 26... 27... "

I can't hear anything else except for that. At that point, something just tell me to keep running. Don't stop. Keep running. It's going to end soon...

I don't know how I got through...

For the $100?

For the "glory" of getting a silver?

For the off incentive?

For not giving up after doing so much?

Probably a combination of all the above. But most importantly, I want to end this torture once and for all.

I don't want to come back another day.

I don't want to retake.

I don't want to stay in any more.

I don't want~

I don't want~

I don't want~

I DON'T WANT!!!

...

...

...

I crossed the finishing line. I didn't see my timing.

My head is burning hot and my stomach kept constricting. I felt nauseated and... well. I don't know how to describe it. Let's just say...

...

It's a feeling of being near death.

一种濒临死亡的感觉.

-_-

为了一百块,差一点连老命都陪上

...

...

Anyway, it's all over now. Many thanks to Mr Chua. Wouldn't have gotten it without him.

I think all of us did very well. Jiao Sai and Yun Zhen both passed!

Those who failed are very close to passing as well. Only have to retake 1 station.

Woooooooooooo!

3 CHEERS TO ALL~

No comments: