Monday, July 13, 2009

Ticket To Class 3 - Chapter I

Lesson 1 (S1 - S4) - 18 / 6 / 2009

Basically I'm like super newbie...

Look like a c***ster running around the place. At first I thought follow the sign then can find the car. In the end I realized the signboards are "pian ren" one... bluff people de. =_=

The car is like parked in a totally different area.

...

So anyway I finally found the car.

Instructor is a Chinese guy, look like a pretty nice person. So basically, we both went inside the car with me in the driver seat. The conversation sort of started like this...

Me: Er... today my first lesson.
Tutor: It's ok, nevermind. So, have you drive before?
Me: Er... No. (I thought it was obvious. It's my first practical lesson leh.)
Tutor: Really?
Me: Ya.
Tutor: Never illegally drive before?
Me: No. =_=
Tutor: Got play 'Daytona' before?
Me: ... ...



So nevermind. Seeing that I'm really driving for the first time ever in my life... He started explaining all the various parts of the vehicle. Like ask me what is this, what is that...

Tutor: What's this?
Me: Steering wheel.
Tutor: What's it for?
Me: Er... control the direction of the vehicle.
Tutor: Ok. If you want to turn left you turn the wheel...?
Me: Left.
Tutor: Right?
Me: Right.

...

...

Then continue to go through all the mirrors and gears and stuffs. After about like less than 10 minutes... He asked me to start the engine, which I did.

AND THEN... I thought he still going to explain more, but then he ask me to start the car.

ZZZ. Isn't this progressing like a bit too fast?

Basically I don't even know what to do. So he just teach me step by step.

I'll try to re-enact the scene...

Do note that this is the first time ever in my life that a car move while I'm in the driver seat.

So please forgive my dumbness...



Tutor: Ok, start the engine.
Me: (Start the engine)
Tutor: Step on the clutch.
Me: (Step)
Tutor: Slowly let go.
Me: (Slowly Let Go...)...

(Car starts moving)

Me: Ahhh... (Extremely STUN)
Tutor: (Never do anything)

(Car continue to move forward very slowly)

Me: Ahh...Ahhhhhh... Ahhhhhhhhhh~~~

(Car almost going out onto the main road)

Me: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Then just before the stop line the instructor brake for me. LOL. I just stoned there without doing anything when the car started moving.

I forgot all about the brakes and whatever. Heh... really funny...

...

...

So anyway, after that it was much better...

Basically started off with moving the car back and forth, back and forth, back and forth... (About 10 times)

Then after that, start driving around the circuit...

So I just basically spent the entire rest of the lesson going around the school in circles. Practicing all the basic things like changing gear, turning, all the coordination...

You can expect all the beginners mistake lah...

Engine died about 100 times throughout the whole lesson.

Heh... but it was a lot of fun.

Contents:

S1 - Familiarization and pre-operative procedure
S2 - Engine starting and stopping
S3 - Moving off and stopping
S4 - Steering Part I and Gear Shifting

No comments: