Monday, July 27, 2009

Super Starlight Walkway

My own translation for "超级星光大道"... Haha.

In this latest episode of Season 5, they invited all the champions and top contestants from all the previous season back; To perform a duet with the their "juniors"...

There are 2 duet on this episode which I find simply AMAZING.

It's just incredible!!!

It's rarely that I write a post just to recommend a song or 2, but I find these 2 performance really fantastic.



The first one is this...

They took 1 of my favourite song, and turned it into such a superb & alluring duet. I've listen to it like a dozen times and it still amazes me...


The girl, Kang Kang, is from the 4th season... gosh, just listen to her harmonization/chorus effect for the song... There's only 1 word to describe it: GODLIKE!!!

Even Yuan Wei Ren (widely regarded as the most 'difficult' judge) described it as the "pinnacle of male/female duet" (男女对唱的最高境).



And just when I thought that group is the best it can get...This last group totally blow me away!

Unlike the previous one, this is a song I've never heard before, which makes it even more unbelievable...



Fell in love with this song right away... especially the oriental chorus which really strike me. The melody is really captivating! And Xu Jia Ying solo chorus part is just godly.

Went to watch the first time Xu Jia Ying performed this song (Which she got a perfect score!), and then the song from the album. I still like this duet version more.

Unfortunately, I didn't knew what the chorus meant. But this song captivate me so much that I went to do some research on the lyrics of this song...

我身骑白马, 走三关
我改换素衣, 回中原
放下西凉, 无人管
我一心只想, 王宝钏

Turn out that the chorus is taken from a segment of a very well known Chinese Opera, and there's a very beautiful and sad story behind this. Makes me appreciate this song that much more.

No comments: