Monday, January 14, 2008

My Reincarnation Plan...

Finally the Decree is out. Everything is ready now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for your confirmation.

We note that you will be enrolling in your reserved programme in August 2008.

The matriculation package will be sent to you by June 2008."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a lot of things I have to take into consideration, and calculation, weighing the pros and cons.

1st Vacation: 29 Nov 08 - 4 Jan 08 (5 Weeks)
2nd Vacation: 2 May 09 - 26 Jul 09 (12 Weeks)

I'm in quite a tough spot now. I've 2 ways to go about this.

1) Leave Earlier

A very tempting choice. I'll get about a week to get prepared for the new term, but that's secondary. The best thing about this choice is I get to get out of that **** hole early. But then, I would have already endured for more than a year, what's 2 weeks? The con is of course, I have more to pay back during the holidays.

If I take this option, most likely I wouldn't be able to pay back during the "1st Vocation", which means I have to pay back in May 09. Pretty long way. That means my actual ORD date would be same as the "Jason, Zhi Jian, Cheung Jie" batch. A very depressing thought. I might even lag behind by 1 ICT cycle...

If I force myself to go back during the "1st Vocation", it would be extremely tight. Worst, what is (touchwood) something happen and I cannot complete it within 5 weeks? Unimaginable.

2) Leave Later

A choice I'm more supportive of. Problem is I would probably be forced to go through 1 extra month of battle because of this. Biggest advantage of this choice is I'll probably owned them a maximum of 20 days. I'll treat it as going back to visit old friends (and pets). Haha.

If I go this route, I would want to return on the "1st Vocation", which is 29 Nov 08. That's very fast, barely one batch. Which means more of the old birds would still be there. Portion of Saravanan batch, and all of Wei Long/Jia Yun batch. Oldo would probably still be alive. And (sad to say) Kenny will be there as well. Not a bad deal.

Risks

As of now I still don't know how the 5 weeks and 12 weeks vacation differs. I think I'll consult my brother. If I go back during the 12 weeks it's definitely safe, and I can take my own sweet time without hurry. If I go back during the 5 weeks, who knows if there'll be tons of projects and revisions, etc for the exams...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... which path do I take? I'm now trying to mapped out the actual date I'll get out, and the date I'll return back. Trying to see which is the best date to take for the best effect. Most importantly, I don't wan to push the limit too far. Got to leave some buffer for anything out of my control.

Feel free to give me any advice.

No comments: