Saturday, February 25, 2006

Last Japanese Farewell...

13th Feb

Last day of Japanese...the test. Time really flies. I've been taking Japanese for 3 years, and now here I am, Year 3 exam, Final exam.

It feels like yesterday when I start the first Japanese Lesson. I still remember it very vividly. I walked in the classroom and Ehara Sensei began rattling away in Japanese (sort of greetings). I can feel almost everyone in the class feeling very confused...haha. We learnt some Japanese greetings and a portion of Hiragana. Oh yeah. Talk about that.

At that time I could barely write nor recognize them. It was really bad. I have to used all sorts of way to memorize them. Trying to form chinese/english words, viewing it as certain shapes, linking the pronounciation to certain objects...was really a hard time. Same for Katakana during year 2...memorable times.

The final exam was "Which one you prefer..."question. She asked me "Durian" or "Mango". I said, "Onaji gurai suki desu!" (Both!)

Why? "ii desu!"

She asked if I like Japanese manga or English comics, but I don't like them both. I told her I like watching television, and watched Channel 8! Why? "omoshiroii desu!"

Haha...I think it's one of the best oral exam in the 3 years. I was surprising calm this time round and it was more like a normal conversation. I will miss attending Japanese Class and Sensei!

No comments: