Saturday, February 25, 2006

ETD "Divisonal Meeting Cum Chinese New Year"

6th Feb

Aha! Today ETD organized a "Divisional Meeting cum Chinese New Year" lunch. Great day to get away from all the work.

Quite boring I must say...after moving through "mountaineous" regions on a shaky bus, we arrived at a very "ulu" country club...The meal was decent...We were unable to go back on our own after the meal, and they're going to have a meeting till 5. Being the outcasts that we are, we were left to explore the place on our own. (Li Xiang, Kia Hwee, Nizam, Jolene and me!)

Went to the arcade and play, generally hang around, and of course complain about works...Many of us were called up tocontinue working after our ITP ends......for $450! Are you kidding me? Hahaha! 8:30am to 6pm for a measely $450? That's less than 2 dollars an hour. I can earn more at a Mcdonald, with a much less stressful job (And doesn't require thinking)

Yes. I can understand internship getting $450. That's "allowance", not "salary". After the internship, we're "Diploma Graduates". We should get what diploma holders deserved. If I am to work for them, they should pay me as a freelancer.

Not "in comparision to what you get when you were our intern..."

Whew...I'm getting worked up here. Better take a deep breath...Oh yes! I also relive some of my childhood favourite play activity...The Swing! Wow...how long has it been since I got on that thing...Sure is fun :)

No comments: