Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Year in Review 2014

Been a while since I did one of these.

In the past year, it felt like I've grown tremendously in the financial department (not in monetary terms, but knowledge). Hopefully, my career can progress by the same magnitude next year.


Career
- Completing my 2nd major project. It was tough, taking about the majority of the year, but I've made it.
- Pass an emerging certification in my field. Whew.
- Felt that I could have done much more... If only there is a more...
- Got to know a new group of colleagues, which actually made me feel much better about my past circumstances.



Financial
- Undertook huge steps to improve my financial knowledge, and took concrete steps to act upon them.
- Reading financial articles has now become a daily routine for me. I've even consolidated a personal news feed of my favourite sources.
- Built up a significant war chest in preparation...
- This also mark my first year investing in stocks. In office, I've come across several like-minded friends as well. (though some of them believe in speculation, while I believe in long-term investing)
- Next year, there will be a huge shakeup in my income source. Haiz.
- Shall elaborate more on a separate post on an upcoming post.



Health/Fitness
- Failed the "Incredibly Painstaking Painful Test" for the first time... but I've began actively training for the new test. I've embarked on this journey a couple of times in the past, but always gave up halfway. Not gonna happen this time.
- In terms of health, can definitely feel myself getting older... stretched myself a few times... #_#



Relationship
- Pretty much mixing with the same few gangs.
- Met a new "group" towards the end of the year... and I was prompted about some of them. What? Do you think this is an idol drama?



Others
- I did another tabulation of my "M-Collection". I went to do a search on when was the last time I did this, and it was WAY BACK in 2006. Since then, it was grown from 1110 to 4660. Amazing.

Major Games Played: Hearthstone, League of Legends Season 4 World Championship, Tropico 4, Democracy 3, Stronghold Crusaders II, Prison Architect, 7 Grand Steps, Banished
Major Dramas Watched: Walking Dead, Demi Gods and Semi Devils 2013
Best Let's Play: Walking Dead Season 2, Wolves Among Us
Best Movies: Hobbit 3, Frozen, Baymax

No comments: