Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Big Purchases 2014

Another yearly update on my big purchases!

As predicted, I didn't make many major purchases this year in terms of tech gadgets (except a graphic card to replace the spoilt one).

I guessed a major part was me discovering the importance of using money to generate passive income - I really want to join the ranks of my financial idols, attaining financial freedom.

Still, I do plan to allocate about $1000 a year as my "luxury purchase" funds. For now, I'll snowball it to next year.

In 2015, I don't see any major hoots either.

Phone - I guess I've outgrown it. I don't really use my phone for anything other than FB and Whatsapp. Why do I need quad cores, octa cores, or n cores? Unless something revolutionary and actually useful (like 1 week battery life) comes along, I don't forsee changing my phone anytime soon.

Tablet - Same as the phone, Nexus 7 still serving me well. Was tempted to hoot the Ipad Air 2 for a while, but once again realize how much of a waste it would be. I don't use my tablet for any purpose other than watching Youtube.

Travel - Already planned a trip to Taiwan in June... hopefully this time will come to fruition.

Others - I've actually been looking to buy a good mattress. Not sure if I'm gonna make up my mind and hoot one... good ones are really expensive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2006 - Complete PC Overhaul (Core 2 Duo) [MEGA]

2007 - 22' LCD Monitor, Sony Ericssion W950i, Digital Camera

2008 - NEC Versa S3500 Laptop [MEGA]
 
2009 - Cowon S9, Westone 1, Radeon HD4870

2010 - HTC Desire

2011 - Shanghai Trip, Braun Series 7-790

2012 - Mayday's Noah Ark, Major PC Overhaul (Ivy Bridge) [MEGA], Westone UM2X

2013 - Dell 2713HM Monitor, Haworth Zody, HTC One [MEGA], Mayday's Noah Ark II, S.H.E Together 4Ever, Google Nexus 7 (2013)

2014 - PowerColor Radeon R9 270X

Major Purchase - $200 to $1000
Mega Purchase - Near $1000 and Above

No comments: