Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another Semester?!

Ahhh... It's only the first weekend and I'm already feeling the after-effects of the past 5 days.

I never thought I'll get to experience being a student again. What's more, so soon after graduation.

In fact, I've never felt more like a student than now!

=.=





I don't think I've ever consistently study 6, 7, 8 hours a day, every day, during ANY PERIOD of my life.

Not through my toughest uni-semesters.

Not even during the exam periods.

And yet here I am, clearing "modules" at such intensive pace - putting in such long hours.

I don't have a choice - There is just way too much things to clear.



...



Imagine a university module that you normally take for a semester. Maybe 3 hours of lecture a week?

Now, imagine packing all that content into 3, 4 or 5 days.

You have "8am to 5pm" everyday to finish that module.

It's near impossible unless you put in extra time to clear the chapters.

Looks like I'll be burning my weekends for a while now...

:'(



...



That being said, I've really learnt a lot - So I'm not complaining.

It's only been a week, but I felt that I already know so much more about this field.

The challenges faced by this industry and where it's heading, the rate of adoption and considerations by different sectors, the effort to bring such knowledge into our education system, strengths of different competitors, etc...

I've also seen real life examples and applications of this technology across different sectors and industries.

It truly is limitless - definitely not just restricted to certain specialized domains only.



...



Anyway, rant too long liao.

I'll stop here and start doing my e-learning.

Tomorrow.




No comments: